Kate Goodrich is a governmental affairs consultant in the Austin office. She started her career as a federally registered lobbyist in Washington, D.C., and grew to become a senior advisor to legislators at the Texas Capitol. As the former General Counsel and Deputy Committee Director of the Texas Senate Health and Human Services Committee, Kate assisted in the development of numerous complex pieces of legislation and monitored the financial appropriations processes for large state agencies. She has also worked as a policy advisor in the Senate Finance Committee and the Senate Natural Resources and Economic Development Committee. Previously, as a lobbyist in Washington, D.C., Kate worked directly with U.S. Senate and House of Representatives staff to draft and amend strategic policies on behalf of her clients.
Kate’s background in state and federal government gives her an in-depth and practical knowledge of the legislative and appropriations processes. She is a respected member of the governmental affairs community and has forged deep relationships at the Capitol and beyond.
Kate earned her J.D. at the University of Texas School of Law. While in law school, Kate interned for Hon. Robert Pitman in the Western District of Texas. She also participated in the Legislative Lawyering clinic, while simultaneously serving as an attorney ad litem for children in foster care in the Children’s Rights Clinic. Kate received a M.A. in Global Affairs from Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland.
B.A., magna cum laude, The University of Texas at Austin
M.A., Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
J.D., The University of Texas School of Law
- “Legislative Update: ‘Come on to my house’,” 33rd Annual Texas Environmental Superconference (August 2021)
- “Legislative Update,” Central Texas Commercial Association of Realtors (CTCAR) (July 2021)
- “Texas Legislative Update: An Overview of Developments in Environmental Law during the 87th Session of the Texas Legislature,” Dallas Bar Association Environmental Law Section (June 2021)
- “Overview of 87th Texas Legislature: Key Bills, the State Budget, and Jackson Walker’s Role,” Jackson Walker Fast Takes Podcast (June 2021)
- “Legal and Logistical Questions Raised by the CDC’s Residential Evictions Moratorium,” Jackson Walker Fast Takes Podcast (September 2020)
- “Economic Development in 2020 and Beyond,” Jackson Walker, the Valued Advisor Fund, the Texas Mezzanine Fund, and CHHS webinar (July 2020)
- “Eviction Orders in Texas: Where We Are and What’s Coming,” Jackson Walker Fast Takes Podcast (June 2020)