Katie Carmona offers experienced counsel handling complex trial and appellate cases related to intellectual property, constitutional issues, election law, contracts, securities, criminal law, administrative law, public utilities, ERISA, and general civil litigation. With over 25 years of experience in state and federal court systems, Katie is highly adept at legal research and writing, statutory construction, discovery, local state and federal rules, and trial preparation.
Katie joined Jackson Walker as a career law clerk for the Honorable Lee Yeakel of U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas. Prior to that, she clerked in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. She also has previous experience in private practice handling products liability, insurance defense and regulation, and labor and employment issues.
B.A., Rice University
J.D., The University of Texas School of Law
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
W. Frank Newton Award, 2000
- Author, “Court Practice Pointers: Tips from the State and Federal Courts,” Austin Lawyer (July 2020)
- Presenter, “Local Rules for the Western District of Texas,” U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas Judicial Law Clerk Orientation Program (2008; 2011-2022)
- Author, “Ten Things You Should Know When Appearing in Federal Court,” Texas Young Lawyers Association (TYLA) eNews (December 2007)
- The Honorable Lee Yeakel Intellectual Property American Inn of Court, Master, 2011-Present
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- The Bar & Grill Singers
May 8, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker Welcomes Katie Carmona to Austin Litigation Group
Joining Jackson Walker after serving as a career law clerk to U.S. District Judge Lee Yeakel of the Western District of Texas, Katie Carmona offers over 25 years of experience handling complex trial and appellate cases.