Kayla Hackerott is an associate in the Corporate & Securities practice of Jackson Walker’s Fort Worth office. Her practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, private equity, restructuring, and corporate governance matters.
Prior to Jackson Walker, Kayla practiced at a Fort Worth-based law firm.
B.S., magna cum laude, Sam Houston State University
J.D., summa cum laude, Texas Tech School of Law
- Texas Tech Law Review, Articles Editor
- Phi Delta Phi
- Represented a privately-owned construction services company in its $330 million sale to a private equity firm
- Represented a diagnostic imaging facility in its sale to a private equity-backed physician services alliance for $200+ million
- Represented a large animal hospital and boarding facility in its sale to a private equity-backed veterinary services alliance for $70+ million
- Represented a receivables factoring business in its sale to a financial services business in a transaction valued at approximately $51 million
- Represented Novaria Group and its affiliates on multiple acquisitions of U.S. manufacturing and machining businesses serving the aerospace and defense industries taking place from 2019 through 2021
- Represented The BMS Enterprises, LLC and its affiliates in numerous acquisitions of property restoration and construction businesses across the U.S., including its 2019 acquisition of Diamond Restoration, its 2020 acquisition of Jarvis Property Restoration, and its 2021 acquisitions of CATCON Group, Mellon Certified Restoration, Stratton Restoration, and Guardian Restoration
- Represented Preferred Pump & Equipment, L.P. in the acquisitions of multiple water well drilling and pump distribution businesses throughout the U.S.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.)
- Corporate Law, 2024
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2023-2024
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2021-2023
- “Top Attorneys” List – Corporate Finance and Mergers & Acquisitions, 360 West Magazine, 2021-2022
- “Top Attorneys” List – Corporate Finance and Mergers & Acquisitions, Fort Worth Magazine, 2018, 2020-2022
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
April 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 23, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 63 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2023 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
February 1, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 16 Fort Worth-based attorneys to Fort Worth Magazine’s “Top Attorneys” list for 2022.
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
September 27, 2022Client Results
Novaria Group, a leading manufacturer of specialty hardware, components, and coatings for the aerospace and defense industries, recently completed its acquisition of STROCO Manufacturing, Inc. This deal marks the sixth acquisition Novaria has announced from December of 2021 through July of 2022, taking place after its successful acquisitions of FMi Chemical, Hohman Plating, Advanced Coating, Hydro Fitting, and GK Mechanical Systems.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
July 25, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of seven Fort Worth-based attorneys to 360 West Magazine’s “Top Attorneys” list for 2022. To be selected for inclusion, attorneys with an active license and who practice within the Tarrant County area can nominate up to three attorneys in 42 specialty areas who reflect relevant practice areas in the region.
April 21, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 22, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 51 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2022 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 2.5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.