Kayla Matus is an associate in the Corporate & Securities practice of Jackson Walker’s Fort Worth office. Her practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, private equity, restructuring, and corporate governance matters.
Prior to Jackson Walker, Kayla practiced at a Fort Worth-based law firm.
B.S., magna cum laude, Sam Houston State University
J.D., summa cum laude, Texas Tech School of Law
- Texas Tech Law Review, Articles Editor
- Phi Delta Phi
- Represented a privately-owned construction services company in its $330 million sale to a private equity firm
- Represented a diagnostic imaging facility in its sale to a private equity-backed physician services alliance for $200+ million
- Represented a large animal hospital and boarding facility in its sale to a private equity-backed veterinary services alliance for $70+ million
- Represented a receivables factoring business in its sale to a financial services business in a transaction valued at approximately $51 million
- Represented Novaria Group and its affiliates on multiple acquisitions of U.S. manufacturing and machining businesses serving the aerospace and defense industries taking place from 2019 through 2021
- Represented The BMS Enterprises, LLC and its affiliates in numerous acquisitions of property restoration and construction businesses across the U.S., including its 2019 acquisition of Diamond Restoration, its 2020 acquisition of Jarvis Property Restoration, and its 2021 acquisitions of CATCON Group, Mellon Certified Restoration, Stratton Restoration, and Guardian Restoration
- Represented Preferred Pump & Equipment, L.P. in the acquisitions of multiple water well drilling and pump distribution businesses throughout the U.S.
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2021-2022
- “Top Attorneys” List – Corporate Finance and Mergers & Acquisitions, 360 West, 2021
- “Top Attorneys” List – Corporate Finance and Mergers & Acquisitions, Fort Worth Magazine, 2018, 2020-2021
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association