Kelly Beam is a research attorney in the Houston office of Jackson Walker. She conducts in-depth legal and business-development research for all practice groups, attorneys, paralegals and staff. Additionally, she analyzes complex federal and state legal issues; performs due-diligence research on companies, organizations, and individuals; and identifies and develops new legal research strategies and resources.
Ms. Beam is well established in the legal-knowledge arena. Before joining Jackson Walker, she worked for O’Connor’s as the Executive Editor for O’Connor’s Texas Family Law Handbook and O’Connor’s Texas Family Code and led the day-to-day operations as the Operations Director. She is also a co-founder of Bearings Legal Resources, an independent legal publisher that provides Texas lawyers with exceptional legal resources.
B.B.A., cum laude, University of Houston-Clear Lake
- President and Co-founder, Students for Social Consciousness
M.A., with honors, University of Houston-Clear Lake
- Sigma Tau Delta Honor Society, Vice President
- Outstanding Master’s Student in Literature Program Award Recipient
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Houston Law Center
- Symposium Editor, Houston Law Review
- Texas State Bar Labor and Employment Section Law Review Award Recipient
- Susman Godfrey LLP Most Outstanding Litigation Article Award Recipient
- Public Interest Law Organization
- Co-author, “Bearings’ Texas Civil Litigation: Commentaries & Rules”, vols. 1&2 (2022)
- Co-author, “Bearings’ Texas Civil Practice & Remedies Code: Annotated” (2021)
- Houston Association of Law Librarians
- Southwestern Association of Law Librarians