Kyle C. Hooper
Kyle Hooper represents clients in mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, and he also provides guidance on corporate, partnership, and individual taxation issues at both the federal and state levels. Kyle’s general corporate practice includes counseling companies on issues relating to business structuring, corporate governance, contracts, and financings. Additionally, Kyle assists clients in the formation and growth of alternative business entities such as limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and S-corporations.
B.B.A., cum laude, Baylor University
Masters of Taxation, Baylor University
J.D., magna cum laude, Baylor University School of Law
- Baylor Law Review, Editor-in-Chief, 1994 – 1995
Certified Public Accountant
- Represented Lyco Energy Corporation, a private oil and natural gas producer, in a $421 million merger with Enerplus Resources U.S. Inc., a subsidiary of a NYSE fund.
- Represented SkinCeuticals, Inc., a private skin products company, in its sale of assets to L’Oreal USA, Inc.
- Represented RamQuest Software, Inc., a private software company, in its sale of a controlling interest to LandAmerica Financial Group, Inc. and Old Republic National Title Holding Company, the two largest national title insurance companies in the United States.
- Represented Truco Enterprises, Inc., a private food company, in its sale of a controlling interest to Meridian Brands, Inc., a private equity group.
- Represented TruLogica, Inc., a private software company, in a $60 million merger with Hewlett-Packard Company.
- Represented Headwaters Incorporated, a NYSE listed manufacturing company, in its acquisition of the operating assets of Southwest Concrete Products, L.P.
- Represented Collegiate Pacific Inc. in its acquisitions of Kesslers Team Sports, Inc. and Tomark, Inc.
- Represented the management buyout group in its $450 million leveraged buyout, going-private transaction of EXCO Resources, Inc., a Nasdaq listed oil and gas company.
- Represented the management buyout group of U.S. Vision, Inc., a leading Nasdaq listed optical retailer, in a going-private cash-out merger.
- Represented Hotels.com in its merger with InterActiveCorp, a Nasdaq listed company.
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2024
- Texas Super Lawyers, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Thomson Reuters Legal and Texas Monthly, 2021
- Texas’ Top Rated AV Preeminent Lawyers, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2012-2015
- “Texas Rising Stars”, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Thomson Reuters Legal and Texas Monthly, 2007-2008
- Listed in the Bar Register of AV Preeminent Lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell
- American Bar Association, Member, 1995 – Present
- State Bar of Texas
- Section Memberships: Business Law, Taxation, Estate Planning, and Probate
- Dallas Bar Association
- Section Memberships: Mergers & Acquisitions, Business Law, Taxation, Estate Planning & Probate
- Texas Business Law Foundation
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
January 21, 2022Mentions
In an interview with The Texas Lawbook, Kyle Hooper shared the reason he and Brian Lidji joined Jackson Walker, memorable deals, and clients’ concerns.
November 1, 2021Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the addition of Brian Lidji and Kyle Hooper as partners in the Dallas office. Brian and Kyle are widely recognized as two of the leading mergers and acquisitions attorneys in Texas and throughout the Southwest, and they bring their experience closing billions of dollars of transactions to the Firm’s Chambers-ranked Corporate & Securities practice.