Kyle C. Hooper
Kyle Hooper represents clients in mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, and he also provides guidance on corporate, partnership, and individual taxation issues at both the federal and state levels. Kyle’s general corporate practice includes counseling companies on issues relating to business structuring, corporate governance, contracts, and financings. Additionally, Kyle assists clients in the formation and growth of alternative business entities such as limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and S-corporations.
B.B.A., cum laude, Baylor University
Masters of Taxation, Baylor University
J.D., magna cum laude, Baylor University School of Law
- Baylor Law Review, Editor-in-Chief, 1994 – 1995
Certified Public Accountant
- Represented Lyco Energy Corporation, a private oil and natural gas producer, in a $421 million merger with Enerplus Resources U.S. Inc., a subsidiary of a NYSE fund.
- Represented SkinCeuticals, Inc., a private skin products company, in its sale of assets to L’Oreal USA, Inc.
- Represented RamQuest Software, Inc., a private software company, in its sale of a controlling interest to LandAmerica Financial Group, Inc. and Old Republic National Title Holding Company, the two largest national title insurance companies in the United States.
- Represented Truco Enterprises, Inc., a private food company, in its sale of a controlling interest to Meridian Brands, Inc., a private equity group.
- Represented TruLogica, Inc., a private software company, in a $60 million merger with Hewlett-Packard Company.
- Represented Headwaters Incorporated, a NYSE listed manufacturing company, in its acquisition of the operating assets of Southwest Concrete Products, L.P.
- Represented Collegiate Pacific Inc. in its acquisitions of Kesslers Team Sports, Inc. and Tomark, Inc.
- Represented the management buyout group in its $450 million leveraged buyout, going-private transaction of EXCO Resources, Inc., a Nasdaq listed oil and gas company.
- Represented the management buyout group of U.S. Vision, Inc., a leading Nasdaq listed optical retailer, in a going-private cash-out merger.
- Represented Hotels.com in its merger with InterActiveCorp, a Nasdaq listed company.
- Texas Super Lawyers, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Thomson Reuters Legal and Texas Monthly, 2021
- Texas’ Top Rated AV Preeminent Lawyers, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2012-2015
- “Texas Rising Stars”, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Thomson Reuters Legal and Texas Monthly, 2007-2008
- Listed in the Bar Register of AV Preeminent Lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell
- American Bar Association, Member, 1995 – Present
- State Bar of Texas
- Section Memberships: Business Law, Taxation, Estate Planning, and Probate
- Dallas Bar Association
- Section Memberships: Mergers & Acquisitions, Business Law, Taxation, Estate Planning & Probate
- Texas Business Law Foundation