L. Suzan Kedron
Suzan Kedron is a partner in the Land Use practice group of Jackson Walker and helps to build our cities, making them better communities to live in.
Suzan represents real estate developers, land owners and public entities in a variety of land use and real estate development issues. Suzan’s practice focuses on the following issues: zoning, development, planning, emerging technologies seeking municipal support/approval, due diligence, public private partnerships, economic development incentives, tax increment financing, green building, permitting, affordable housing, special districts, and litigation.
Previously in her career, her law practice included corporate and white collar crime, bank fraud, evidentiary procedures, and general business litigation. Her architectural practice concentrated on upper-end residential design and construction.
Suzan is the Chair of Jackson Walker’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee and Business Development Chair for the Dallas office.
B.A., Columbia College
J.D., South Texas College of Law Houston
- LEED Green Associate
New York, 1998
District of Columbia, 1998
United States District Court for the Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of Texas
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- National Diversity Council, Certified Diversity Professional, 2021
- DiversityFIRST™ Leadership Award Winner, Texas Diversity Council, 2019
- Dallas 500: The Most Powerful Business Leaders in Dallas-Fort Worth, D CEO Magazine, 2019, 2020
- Southwest Woman of Influence, Real Estate Forum, 2015
- The Dallas Assembly Class, 2015
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Designation – Green Associate, United States Building Council (USGBC)
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), 2013-2022
- Land Use and Zoning Law, 2017-2022
- Real Estate, 2013-2022
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2006-2010
- “Best Lawyers in Dallas” List, D Magazine, 2005, 2012, 2015-2022
- “Best Lawyers Under 40” List, D Magazine
- One to Watch: Commercial Real Estate, D CEO Magazine, 2008
- 40 Under 40, Dallas Business Journal, 2009
- Panelist, Dallas Planning & Urban Design, ForwardDallas Live! (January 27, 2022)
- Panelist, Thomson Reuters Institute, 29th Annual Marketing Partner Forum (January 20, 2022)
- Panelist, 2021 Investments Legal Summit Agenda, Teacher Retirement System of Texas (November 2, 2021)
- Panelist, DEI Panel Discussion, Toledo Group Managing Partner Meeting (October 8, 2021)
- Panelist, “Women in Leadership Webinar,” Dallas Regional Chamber (February 19, 2020)
- Panelist, “Effective 9/1/19 – House Bill 2439 – What Are the Impacts?,” AIA Dallas SPRINGBOARD (August 20, 2019)
- Panelist, “Public Policy Roundtable: Political Anatomy of a Real Estate,” The Real Estate Council (May 29, 2019)
- Panelist, “Finding the Right Site & Case Study,” The Real Estate Council (TREC) Community Fund’s Real Estate 101 Bootcamp (March 23, 2019)
- Panelist, “Smart Cities – The Future of Our Communities,” 2018 Globalaw Annual Members Meeting (GLAMM) (October 25, 2018)
- Panelist, Associate Leadership Class Alumni Panel, The Real Estate Council (June 2009)
- Moderator, Dallas Regional Chamber, Women’s Business Conference (March 2022)
- Speaker, “Coffee & Conversation: Dallas Arts District’s CONNECT Masterplan,” AIA Dallas (April 23, 2019)
- Speaker, “The Changing Demographics of America,” 15th Annual Diversity & Leadership Conference (April 12, 2019)
- “Land Use Controls: Restrictive Covenants & Deed Restrictions,” Texas College for Judicial Studies (April 11-15, 2011)
- “Transit Oriented Development,” American Planning Association – Texas, Update on Land Use Legal Issues (June 2010); Legal Issues in Development (July 2010)
- “Form-Based Codes in Practice: The Developer’s Point of View,” TexITE 2008 Summer Meeting in San Antonio (June 2008)
- Litigation vs. Transaction Panel, SMU’s Asian American Law School Association (Oct. 2007)
- “Work/Life Balance Tune-Up for Attorneys,” DBWA Committee of the J. L. Turner Legal Association (Aug. 2007)
- Morning Keynote Speaker, Texas Association of Legal Professionals (May 2007)
- Suzan spoke at “Rail ~ Volution 1999” on creative access to local, state, and federal funds and gave a presentation on municipal annexations at a CLE program regarding planning and zoning for public officials and lawyers.
In the News
- Mentioned, “The Mansfield Rule, driving inclusion and building a firm for the future,” Passle (February 2, 2022)
- Mentioned, “A Trip to Puerto Vallarta With Dallas Real Estate Attorney Suzan Kedron,” D CEO (January-February 2020)
- Quoted, “As West Dallas’ iconic Belmont Hotel grows sad and shabby, a push to make it a historic landmark,” DallasNews by The Dallas Morning News (March 23, 2019)
- Dallas Citizens Council, 2021
- Dallas Regional Chamber’s Executive Women’s Roundtable, 2020
- CityLab High School Foundation Advisory Council, Member, 2019
- Momentous Institute, Board Member, 2018
- Downtown Dallas, Inc. Foundation, Board Member, 2018
- Downtown Dallas, Inc., Board Member, 2022
- MATA (McKinney Avenue Transit Authority), Board Member, 2022
- AD EX: Architecture and Design Exchange (Formerly the Dallas Center for Architecture), Board Member, 2016-present
- The Dallas Assembly, 2015-present
- Treasurer, 2022-2023
- Nominating Committee, 2020
- Dallas Theater Center
- Governance Committee, 2016
- Board of Trustees, 2015-present
- Chair of the Facilities Committee, 2015-present
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Fellows Program, 2014
- Business Council for the Arts – Leadership Arts Institute (LAI), 2013
- Dallas Regional Chamber
- Nominating Committee, 2021
- Board of Advisors Designee
- Headquarter Relocation Committee (East), 2012-present
- Texas State Board of Pharmacy, 2007
- Texas State Executive Council of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners, Former Chair
- The Real Estate Council (TREC)
- Community Fund Board of Directors, Secretary, 2020-present
- Public Policy Committee, 2018-present
- PAC Board, 2016-present
- Government Affairs Committee, 2010
- Board of Directors, 2012
- Associate Leadership Council Alumni Association
- Steering Committee, 2010
- Class, 1999-2000
- Greater Dallas Chamber – Leadership Dallas, 2000
- Leadership University Park, 2004
- Columbia University Alumni Club of North Texas – Undergraduate Admissions Committee
- Habitat for Humanity
- Board, 2005
- Executive Committee, 2009
- Land Acquisition Committee, 2006
- Dallas Alliance for Habitat Board (Habitat’s affiliated CHDO), 2006
- The First Tee of Dallas, 2004
- Women’s Business Conference, 2005
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) – Dallas, 2009
August 1, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s August 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
July 7, 2022Newsletters
View the July 2022 edition of the Labor & Employment Dispatch.
June 9, 2022Mentions
Diversity and Inclusion at the Largest Law Firm in Texas: How DEI Transformed the Culture at Jackson Walker | The Diversity Movement
Transformational change is possible, even at a 135-year-old Texas law firm.
May 16, 2022Insights
By Suzan Kedron & Victoria Morris
On Wednesday, May 11, 2022, the Dallas City Council approved three amendments to the Mixed Income Housing Development Bonus (MIHDB) program.
April 25, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 21 attorneys recognized among D Magazine’s list of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” for 2022. For recognition in the list, Dallas attorneys must be nominated by their peers on the basis that they offer unmatched counsel in one of 40 categories.
April 21, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
January 12, 2022Press Releases
Jackson Walker and PracticePro have launched a Pre-Law Diversity Scholarship for underrepresented college students and graduates seeking a legal career. Applications are open until Tuesday, March 22, 2022, and the scholarship recipient will be announced on April 15.
November 8, 2021Spotlight
The Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) has included Jackson Walker among the top 10 in the midsize firm category of its newly released Diversity Scorecard, which assesses and ranks law firms based on the effectiveness of their diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts.
October 5, 2021Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s October 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.