LaRessa Quintana serves on the Government Relations & Public Policy team in Jackson Walker’s Austin office.
Prior to Jackson Walker, LaRessa worked at an Austin lobbying firm serving businesses, nonprofits, and associations at the municipal and state level. She also gained hands-on experience at the Texas Capitol as a fellow of the 2019 Moreno/Rangel Legislative Leadership Program sponsored by the Mexican American Legislative Leadership Foundation. Through the program, she worked as a legislative assistant to state Rep. Mary Ann Perez (D-Houston) during the 86th Legislative Session.
She also has a rich background in political campaign management. Drawing on her participation in the Blue Leadership Collaborative, a national accelerated program focused on training and building a pipeline of diverse campaign managers, LaRessa has led successful campaigns at the local level, including the Austin Housing for All affordable housing initiative and Councilwoman Vanessa Fuentes’s Austin City Council District 2 campaign.
B.A. Southwestern University
Moreno/Rangel Legislative Leadership Foundation Fellow (2019)
- Young Hispanic Professional Association of Austin (YHPAA), Board of Directors – Fundraising Chair, 2022 – Present
- The New Philanthropists, Board Member, 2022 – Present
- Austin Housing for All, Campaign Manager, 2022
April 24, 2023Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – April 2023
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
February 6, 2023Spotlight
‘Capitol Inside’ Recognizes Denise Rose and Jackson Walker’s Legislative Team in the 2023 “Texas Lobby Power Rankings”
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the legislative team’s inclusion in the 2023 “Texas Lobby Power Rankings” from Capitol Inside, a recognized source for news and information on Texas politics and government. In addition, Denise Rose was ranked among the “Hired Guns” list of the top lobbyists in the state.
- “Austin’s $350 million housing bond passes Nov. 8,” Community Impact (November 2022)
- “EP:51 Vote or Die ft: LaRessa Quintana,” Truly Nonsense Podcast (November 2022)
- “Austin-area nonprofits calling for $300M affordable housing bond,” KVUE-TV (July 2022)