Lindsey C. Moorhead
Lindsey C. Moorhead is an attorney in the environmental section at Jackson Walker. She represents clients participating in site cleanup and remediation projects, including cost recovery and contribution actions, regulatory enforcement actions, and representation of potentially responsible parties (PRP) for both individual PRPs and as common counsel for PRP groups. Lindsey has actively represented clients in matters involving environmental litigation, including cases where she has obtained summary judgment on CERCLA liability.
Lindsey has negotiated consent decrees and administrative settlement agreements on behalf of PRPs with the Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Justice and defended governmental enforcement actions and claims involving natural resource damage, personal injury and property damage, and cost-recovery and indemnification. She works with clients, technical consultants, and engineers to ensure cost-effective and efficient site remediations while also working to ensure compliance with legal obligations.
Lindsey also represents clients on a number of pipeline matters, including conducting audits, negotiating agreements relating to pipeline easements, and advising on related environmental considerations. Likewise, she regularly provides guidance on environmental issues related to real estate transactions.
Lindsey’s practice includes an extensive amount of environmental litigation, including PRP litigation and defending clients in cases concerning underground storage tanks.
B.A., with special distinction, University of Oklahoma
- Kappa Tau Alpha Graduate
- Phi Kappa Phi Graduate
- Ambassador, Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication
J.D., cum laude, South Texas College of Law Houston
- South Texas Law Review
- Editor-in-Chief, 2010-2011
- Assistant Articles Editor, 2009-2010
- Assistant Managing Editor, 2009-2010
United States Court of Appeals for the First and Fifth Circuits
United States District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Up and Coming in Environment – Texas, 2020-2022
- Associates to Watch in Environment – Texas, 2017-2019
- “Texas Rising Star,” Environmental Law, Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2021
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, 2018
- Fellow, Houston Young Lawyers Foundation
- Most Outstanding Female Graduate
- Dean’s Honor List
- Dean’s Scholar
- Howard Warren Scholar
- Order of the Lytae
- Civil Procedure Langdell Scholar
- SBA President’s Award
- American Jurisprudence Awards (Top Score) – Civil Procedure, Family Law, and Health Law
- Intern, Judge Jennifer Elrod – United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Intern, Justice Michael Massengale – Texas First Court of Appeals
- Law Clerk, Judge Mark Davidson – 11th District Court
- “Supreme Court Allows “PRP” Landowners to Bring State Common Law Claims at Superfund Cleanup Site,” Jackson Walker Insights (April 23, 2020)
- Environment, Energy, and Resources Law: The Year in Review 2015, Chapter 29 – Science and Technology
- Environment, Energy, and Resources Law: The Year in Review 2016, Chapter 29 – Science and Technology
- Environment, Energy, and Resources Law: The Year in Review 2017, Chapter 29 – Science and Technology
- “Environmental Indemnities in Agreements,” Quanta Services, September 25, 2019
- “I Need to Hire an Expert: Now What?!,” Chevron Law Department, Lunch and Learn Series, August 2012
- Presenter, Arranger Liability Post-BNSF, August 2016
- Modern Day Consent Decrees, Pros and Cons, August 2017
- American Bar Association, Vice Chair – Environmental, Energy, and Resources Law, Science and Technology Committee
- Houston Bar Association, Auxiliary Scholarship Committee
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Calf Scramble Committee
- Houston Bar Association – Environmental Law Section
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Pathfinder Program, 2018
- South Texas College of Law Young Alumni Council
- South Texas College of Law Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Friends of Depelchin Board Member
November 17, 2022Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – November 2022
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
November 7, 2022Attorney News
‘Houstonia’ Lists Jackson Walker Attorneys as “Top Lawyers” in Best of Houstonia
Jackson Walker is proud to announce the selection of Chevazz Brown, Matthew Cavenaugh, Carey Hain, Lindsey Moorhead, and Sang Shin to Houstonia Magazine’s “Top Lawyers” list of 2021-2022 in its Best of Houstonia.
August 1, 2022Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – August 2022
View Jackson Walker’s August 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
June 1, 2022Spotlight
Chambers and Partners Recognizes Jackson Walker Attorneys and Practices in 2022 USA and Global Guides
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce that Chambers and Partners has selected 48 attorneys and 16 departments for inclusion in the 2022 edition of the Global and USA guides.
October 5, 2021Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – October 2021
View Jackson Walker’s October 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
June 1, 2021Insights
Justices Hold CWA Settlement Does Not Start the Clock on CERCLA Limitations
By Dan Vineyard, Lindsey Moorhead, & Carolyn Campion
In Territory of Guam v. United States, the Supreme Court unanimously held that claims for contribution under Section 113(f)(3)(B) of the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) require the resolution of a CERCLA-specific liability. Accordingly, settlements or consent decrees under different environmental statutes will not start the clock on a party’s CERCLA claims for limitations purposes.
May 20, 2021Spotlight
Chambers and Partners Recognizes Jackson Walker Attorneys and Practices in 2021 USA and Global Guides
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce that Chambers and Partners has selected 41 attorneys and 14 departments for inclusion in the 2021 edition of the Global and USA guides.
March 23, 2021Attorney News
Jackson Walker Congratulates Its 2021 Texas Rising Stars
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 36 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2021 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list. Spanning five offices and eight major practice areas, these up-and-coming attorneys have been nominated by peers within and outside the Firm.
February 11, 2021Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – February 2021
View Jackson Walker’s February 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
April 23, 2020Insights
Supreme Court Allows “PRP” Landowners to Bring State Common Law Claims at Superfund Cleanup Site
The U.S. Supreme Court recently held that a state court had jurisdiction over landowners’ state common law claims against Atlantic Richfield Company related to the Anaconda Smelter Superfund Site near Butte, Montana.