Lisa A. Peterson
Lisa A. Peterson is a partner in the Corporate & Securities section of Jackson Walker’s Fort Worth and Dallas offices. Lisa’s practice focuses on a broad range of transactional and corporate matters, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, investments in private equity, venture capital, hedge funds and real estate funds; direct investments in operating entities; formation of complex joint ventures, partnerships, limited liability companies and strategic alliances; and corporate governance matters.
She has more than 35 years of experience counseling corporate clients and private investors, including family offices, as well as clients investing in traditional asset classes, including real estate and entities in the health care, technology, energy and aerospace sectors.
Lisa joined Jackson Walker from a global law firm, where she concentrated on transactional and corporate matters and served on the firm-wide Retirement Committee, in addition to chairing the Dallas Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council.
B.S., cum laude, Louisiana Tech University
J.D., SMU Dedman School of Law
Texas Northern District Court
- Served as lead outside counsel to a wealth investment firm with tens of billions of dollars under management.
- Served as a key legal advisor to high-net-worth individuals and family offices, including representations in connection with seed, venture capital, private equity, hedge, direct investments and co-investments.
- Advised a San Antonio-based Fortune 500 fuel and convenience retailer in the sale of 76 store operations in California and 3 in Wyoming to another fuel and convenience store client.
- Counseled global data center in the acquisition of three large data centers.
- Assists with the formation, organization and maintenance of entities used in complex investment structures, including real estate investment trusts.
- Has handled all manner of corporate/transactional legal matters and hundreds of transactions totaling billions of dollars.
- Fort Worth Magazine, Greater Fort Worth’s Top Attorneys (Corporate Finance/Mergers and Acquisitions), 2022
- Fort Worth Business Press, Great Women of Texas
- Resolana, Former Director and Officer
- Dallas Women’s Foundation, Former Grants Review Committee
- The General Counsel Forum – Dallas Chapter, Former Board of Directors
- Texas Wall Street Women, Advisory Board
- State Bar of Texas, Business Law Section
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Business and Estate Section
- Women Attorneys Section
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation, Fellow
April 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
January 13, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker welcomes Lisa Peterson and Graham McCall to the Fort Worth and Dallas practices, respectively. Joining the Corporate & Securities practice, Lisa and Graham serve the transactional and regulatory needs of private equity, alternative investment management, family office, institutional investor, and other corporate clients.