Mario Perez Dolan
Mario Perez Dolan is an experienced corporate attorney who has represented clients in a broad array of transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity investments, and corporate governance.
In the mergers and acquisitions portion of his practice, Mario has represented both purchasers and sellers in negotiated transactions in a variety of industries, including, energy services and infrastructure, manufacturing, industrial, and healthcare. Mario has extensive experience representing public and private companies, private equity funds, and family offices, which provides him the background and understanding required to provide solutions to the unique challenges presented in each transaction.
Mario’s joint venture practice is largely focused on capital intensive energy, infrastructure, and real estate development projects. He has represented multiple investors and management teams in the formation and equity investment in projects or portfolio companies pursuing renewable energy, E&P, oilfield logistics, and infrastructure strategies. His real estate experience includes the negotiation and structuring of joint ventures and investment vehicles for the development and acquisition of projects in the office, multifamily, and hospitality sectors.
In each representation, Mario takes pride in understanding his client’s strategic goals and working towards achieving those outcomes in an efficient manner that focuses on client priorities. This approach has provided Mario the opportunity to develop long-term relationships with his clients and become a trusted member of the deal team.
A.B., Princeton University
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), Corporate Law, 2024
- “Best Lawyers in Dallas” List, D Magazine, 2022-2023
- “Best Lawyers Under 40” List, D Magazine, 2018
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters and Texas Monthly, 2013-2016
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Princeton Prize in Race Relations Dallas/Ft. Worth Region, Former Chair
- Dallas Hispanic Bar Association, Member
- Scholarshot, Inc., Board Member
- Leadership Arts Institute’s Dallas Class of 2019
December 4, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s December 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
September 18, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker partner Mario Perez Dolan has been selected as a member of Dallas Regional Chamber’s (DRC) Leadership Dallas Class of 2024. Established in 1975, Leadership Dallas (LD) selects a group of diverse individuals with exceptional leadership potential within their organizations and communities.
August 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s August 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
April 25, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 24 attorneys recognized among D Magazine’s list of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” for 2023. For recognition in the list, Dallas attorneys must be nominated by their peers on the basis that they offer unmatched counsel in one of 40 categories.
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 1, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s August 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
April 25, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 21 attorneys recognized among D Magazine’s list of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” for 2022. For recognition in the list, Dallas attorneys must be nominated by their peers on the basis that they offer unmatched counsel in one of 40 categories.
January 9, 2020Client Results
Jackson Walker Advises Oilfield Water Logistics in Acquiring Portfolio of Operating Assets in New Mexico
Jackson Walker represented Oilfield Water Logistics in acquiring a portfolio of operating assets in New Mexico from a major Permian Basin oil producer, including 23 saltwater disposal wells and 300 miles of water gathering pipelines.
September 4, 2019Attorney News
As members of the Class of 2019-2020, Chris Bankler and Mario Perez Dolan will help raise funds for the construction of an artwork utilizing light and design technology at the Café Momentum Service Center.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented significant shareholder in connection with $420,000,000 sale of data center to public acquirer.
- Private equity backed semi-trailer rentals, leases, and sales company in strategic acquisition.
- Disposition of a skills-based online vocational training provider primarily focused on Dental and Medical Assisting fields.
- Acquisition by private equity backed fertility network of multi-location fertility practice.
- Dallas based private equity firm in controlling investment in heavy machinery-moving and rigging company.
- Dallas based private equity firm in controlling investment in land services company.
- Public pipeline equipment company purchase of valve equipment repair company.
- Public pipeline equipment disposition of brand division to international purchaser.
- Advised seller in merger of leading “better-for-you” salty snack CPG company.
- Chalak Mitra Group purchase of Elephant Bar Restaurant franchise in 363 asset transaction.
- Private equity firm purchase of industrial equipment manufacturer.
- Acquisition and merger of international technology company by NASDAQ listed silicon chip manufacturer.
Energy and Infrastructure Transactions
- Represented Regis Energy Partners in connection with a $400M equity commitment by Excelsior Energy Capital to acquire construction-ready battery projects within the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT)’s territory
- Disposition of produced water infrastructure and midstream assets by public energy services company.
- Represented NOVA Infrastructure in connection with joint venture with Wafra, Inc. for acquisition and development of fix based operators.
- Management team in connection with equity commitment by Texas-based energy investment firm to pursue acquisition and development strategy in specified basins.
- Acquisition by a provider of produced water infrastructure solutions of operating produced water infrastructure assets.
- Representation of developer in connection with disposition of 5,000 acre solar and storage project.
- Represented power generation company in acquisition of natural gas pipeline system serving power generation plant.
- Family office in connection with investment in joint ventures to acquire and convert portfolio of commercial passenger twin engine jet airliners.
- Family office investment in water infrastructure and produced water management company.
- Family office investment in railway services and equipment company.
- Family office investment in industrial manufacturing company.
- Management team in connection with equity commitment by energy investment firm to pursue oil and gas strategy in Haynesville basin.
- Management team in connection with equity commitment by Texas-based energy investment firm to pursue middle market special situation and structured energy related transactions.
Real Estate Joint Ventures
- Represented international owner and developer of hospitality and residential properties in connection with the formation of a special purpose hospitality venture to own a portfolio of 8 luxury boutique hotels across the United States.
- Real estate developer in connection with joint venture for 600,000 Class “A” Office Building component of multi-tower mixed-use development.
- Private equity firm in $200,000,000 programmatic hospitality joint venture.
- Private equity firm in connection with joint venture for acquisition of Hyatt Regency DFW International Airport.
- Developer in connection with investment by private equity firm for the development of Southern California industrial portfolio.
- Multiple mezzanine and traditional preferred equity investments by Dallas-based hedge fund in multi-family housing assets.
Venture Capital Financings
- Represented investor in connection with multiple equity investments in fintech software company.
- Multiple equity and venture debt financings for Austin-based of leading “better-for-you” salty snack CPG company.
- Multiple venture capital and venture debt financings for Dallas-based multi-level marketing company.
- Series A Preferred Financing for online education technology company.
- Family office investment in early stage CPG incubator.
- Drafted governance documents and advised 501(c)3 providing services to returning war veterans.