Mark T. Josephs
Mark T. Josephs co-chairs the firm’s Corporate and Securities Litigation practice group and has more than 34 years’ experience representing clients in securities, accounting, and general business litigation. Mark regularly counsels clients concerning directors’ and officers’ coverage and indemnity issues.
Mark has represented plaintiffs and defendants in a wide array of complex commercial matters, including two of the largest civil trials in Dallas County history and numerous other jury and bench trials in state and federal court. He has successfully defended and prosecuted a variety of class actions and shareholder derivative suits. He has tried to conclusion more than forty cases involving securities, accounting, fiduciary, and other matters, and has obtained multi-million dollar settlements in a number of commercial cases.
B.A., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., SMU Dedman School of Law
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
United States District Court for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
The following are among the noteworthy cases Mark has handled:
- In re: Sandridge Energy Derivative Litigation; in the Western District of Oklahoma
- Glazer’s Distributors of Illinois, et al. v. NWS. Illinois, LLC, in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois
- CLST Holdings, Inc. v. Red Oak Fund, et al., in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Dallas Division
- Ron Phillips, et al. v. CLST Holdings, et al., in the 134th Judicial District Court of Dallas County, Texas
- Audiomex Export Corp., et al. v. Soluciones Inalàmbricas, S.A. de C.V., et al., in the International Chamber of Commerce, Mexico City
- Lone Star Fund V, L.P., et al v. Barclays Capital, Inc., et al., in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Dallas Division, and on appeal to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Ohio Machinery Co. v. Holt Company of Ohio, in the Court of Common Pleas, Franklin County, Ohio
- MRT, Inc. d/b/a International Magnetic Technologies, Inc., et al. v. Inter-University Micro- Electronics Center, in the 160th Judicial District Court of Dallas County, Texas
- Nova Consulting Group, Inc. v. Engineering Consulting Services, Ltd., in the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, San Antonio Division
- Townes Telecommunication, Inc. v. Travis, Wolff & Co., et al., in the American Arbitration Association, Dallas, Texas (settled)
- In re: GAINSCO, Inc. Securities Litigation, in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Fort Worth Division
- COC Services, Ltd. v. Grupo Carso S.A. de C.V., et al., in the 116th Judicial District Court of Dallas County, Texas
- In re Simmons Family Trust Litigation, in Probate Court No. 1 of Dallas County, Texas
In addition, Mark has a broad range of experience in prosecuting and defending cases involving claims including breach of contract, common law and statutory fraud, DTPA, fiduciary duties, lender liability, property damage, construction, land use, and other matters.
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Ranked for Litigation: Securities, 2015-2016
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), 2005-2023
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, 2011-2023
- Commercial Litigation, 2006-2023
- Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants, 2005-2021
- Litigation – Mergers & Acquisitions, 2012-2023
- Litigation – Securities, 2011-2023
- Litigation – Trusts & Estates, 2011-2023
- Texas Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2006-2008, 2010-2015
- Super Lawyer in Business Litigation, Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Dallas Association of Defense Counsel
- Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court, Former Member
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
February 11, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker Announces Largest Class of Newly Elected Partners to Date
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the election of 14 attorneys to the Firm’s partnership on Friday, February 11, 2022. In addition to electing 14 new partners, the Firm also congratulates Bart Cicuto, Noah Speck, and Austin Thomas on their promotion from associates to senior counsel.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 20, 2020Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 164 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2021 Edition, Including 9 “Lawyers of the Year” and 25 “Ones to Watch”
Jackson Walker congratulates the 164 attorneys who were selected by their peers as Best Lawyers, including 9 Lawyers of the Year and 25 Ones to Watch, across 6 offices and 66 specialty practice areas.
August 14, 2019Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 109 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2020 Edition, With Eight Named “Lawyers of the Year”
Jackson Walker congratulates our 109 attorneys named to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Lawyers in America 2020 list, including eight attorneys who were named “Lawyers of the Year.”
August 16, 2018Attorney News
Best Lawyers in America Recognizes 98 Jackson Walker Attorneys
Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas. For over three decades, recognition in Best Lawyers has been regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, since an attorney cannot pay to be listed.
August 15, 2017Attorney News
Best Lawyers in America Recognizes 94 Jackson Walker Attorneys
The Best Lawyers in America, a widely regarded guide to legal excellence, has recognized 94 Jackson Walker attorneys in its 2018 edition. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 17, 2016Attorney News
Best Lawyers in America 2017 Recognizes Jackson Walker Attorneys
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become widely regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
May 27, 2016Spotlight
Jackson Walker Congratulates Its 2016 Chambers-Ranked Partners and Practice Groups
Twenty-one Jackson Walker partners were selected for inclusion in the 2016 edition of the prestigious Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business guide.
September 8, 2015Attorney News
Jackson Walker Congratulates Its 51 ‘Texas Super Lawyers’
Fifty-one Jackson Walker attorneys were selected as 2015 “Super Lawyers” by Thomson Reuters. The list will be published in the October issue of Texas Monthly magazine.