Marshall B. Miller
Marshall B. Miller, Jr.’s clients include both publicly held and privately owned national and international businesses, as well as start-up ventures. His practice consists primarily of advising partnerships, corporations, and individuals in business and transactional matters, including corporate and securities matters such as mergers and acquisitions and debt and equity financings.
Marshall’s corporate practice is complemented by extensive experience in planning for complex corporate, family, and inter-generational matters. Marshall also has experience in real property matters specifically relating to the ownership and development of farm and ranching lands, such as hunting operations, boundary issues, water rights, oil and gas interests, and other related issues. In addition to his traditional corporate practice, Mr. Miller also represents corporate and fractional ownership aircraft owners and operators in all aspects of aviation transactional matters, including purchase, management, charter, and lease agreements.
B.A., Washington and Lee University
J.D., Sturm College of Law
- Represented a publicly held California company in connection with acquisition of a Texas customer owned water service company
- Represented a heavy equipment dealership in connection with the purchase and sale of dealerships with proceeds in excess of $500 million
- Represented borrowers in over $1 billion in various debt financing transactions
- Represented international oil and gas service company in connection with purchase of over five strategic acquisitions in the past two years
- Represented seller in connection with sale of compression business with proceeds in excess of $100 million
- Represented investor in connection with acquisition of controlling interest in NBA basketball team
- Represented investor in negotiating financing for construction of AT&T Center
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), Corporate Law, 2021-2023
- “Best S.A. Lawyers” List, San Antonio Scene, 2009, 2013-2014, 2017-2022
- Business & Corporate
- Closely Held Business
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, 2022
- United Way
- U.S. Bolt Manufacturing, Inc. (Houston)
- Advisory Director
- Trinity University
- Board of Trustees
- Chair of Investments Committee
- Executive Committee
- Washington & Lee University
- Board of Trustees
- Investment Committee, May 2013
- Investment Committee Chair, October 2015
- Executive Committee, May 2015
- Finance Committee, May 2012
- Past Committee Service: Law School Committee, May 2012-February 2013
- State Bar of Texas, Business Law Section
- San Antonio Bar Association
September 6, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 42 practicing attorneys in the San Antonio office who were included in Scene in S.A.’s 2022 “Best S.A. Lawyers” list.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
February 23, 2022Attorney News
Fellows are chosen for their outstanding professional achievements and demonstrated commitment to improving the Texas justice system. Each year, one-third of 1% of State Bar members are invited to become fellows. Once nominees are selected, they must be elected by the foundation’s Board of Trustees.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
July 14, 2021Attorney News
In its 17th year, the “Best S.A. Lawyers” list presents attorneys across 80 distinct practice areas who were nominated by fellow licensed, practicing attorneys of Bexar County. The survey takes the voters for each attorney into account, including where the voter works, their practice area, and how many years they have practiced.
August 20, 2020Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 164 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2021 Edition, Including 9 “Lawyers of the Year” and 25 “Ones to Watch”
Jackson Walker congratulates the 164 attorneys who were selected by their peers as Best Lawyers, including 9 Lawyers of the Year and 25 Ones to Watch, across 6 offices and 66 specialty practice areas.
July 30, 2020Attorney News
‘Scene in S.A.’ Recognizes 40 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2020 “Best S.A. Lawyers” and “Rising Star Lawyers” Lists
In its 16th year, the “Best S.A. Lawyers” list presents attorneys across 80 distinct practice areas who were nominated by fellow licensed, practicing attorneys of Bexar County.
June 24, 2019Attorney News
In its 15th year, S.A. Scene‘s “Best S.A. Lawyers” list presents attorneys across 80 distinct practice areas who were nominated by fellow licensed, practicing attorneys of Bexar County.
July 23, 2018Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 37 attorneys who were recognized in San Antonio Scene’s “Best S.A. Lawyers” and “Rising Star Lawyers” lists for 2018.
June 29, 2017Attorney News
Jackson Walker is proud to announce that 36 of its partners and counsel have been recognized in S.A. Scene magazine’s “Best S.A. Lawyers 2017” list.