Myron D. Dornic
Myron Dornic is an Economic Development and Land Use attorney representing developers, property owners, municipalities, and associations with respect to development incentives and development regulations from and by local governments.
Myron has worked with small and large municipalities and counties all over the metroplex and throughout the state. He tailors his approach to the culture and personality of each jurisdiction to foster strong communication and trust. He works to provide a solid base for the multi-year relationships that clients will have with local government entities when development projects receive public funds. His attention to procedural and statutory requirements ensures that agreements and approvals are well grounded.
B.A., Oral Roberts University
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
Master of Urban and Environmental Planning, University of Virginia
Myron has worked extensively on regulatory approvals and incentives for corporate facilities and for the redevelopment of mixed-use, urban neighborhoods. His experience includes:
- tax increment financing districts,
- enterprise zones
- neighborhood empowerment zones
- tax abatement
- infrastructure cost participation
- economic development grants and loans
- historic preservation tax exemption
- public improvement districts
- planned development districts
- zoning entitlements
- land use entitlement due diligence
- American Planning Association
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Congress for New Urbanism
- Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Dallas City Center Association, Former Board Member
- Friends of the KATY Trail, Former Board Member
- Shakespeare Festival of Dallas, Former Board Member
- Gay and Lesbian Leadership Outreach Project, Former Board Member
June 15, 2021Client Results
Following its acquisition of North Carolina-based Mowbot, Robin Autopilot, a leader in robotic mowing technology and the robotics as a service (RaaS) platform, will consolidate its corporate headquarters and relocate to McKinney, Texas, thanks to a grant from the McKinney Economic Development Corporation’s Innovation Fund.
May 13, 2014Spotlight
Jackson Walker played a key role in several transactions that the Dallas Business Journal recently recognized in its “Best Real Estate Deals of the year” awards.