Natalie M. Kosydar
Natalie is a transactional attorney specializing in complex mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate transactions, executive employment and compensation arrangements, equity financing transactions, and corporate governance. She assists clients across many industries, including manufacturing and distribution, technology, telecommunications, real estate, healthcare, and service providers. She can assist clients from formation, through complex negotiations of a variety of business transactions, and upon liquidity events. Natalie is originally from West Bloomfield, Michigan and is licensed to practice law in both Texas and Michigan.
Natalie assists publicly-traded and privately owned companies, private equity funds, family offices and small businesses, as well as both employers and executives with employment and compensation arrangements. She is highly organized, diligent and prepared, and she works hard to ensure that each and every client receives the highest level of service, no matter how big or small the project.
Natalie comes from a family of entrepreneurs, and she approaches her client’s needs with the unique perspective of having been in their shoes. She takes time to thoroughly understand her clients’ risk profiles and goals. Most of all, she is extremely responsive and truly loves what she does.
Natalie is a valued member of the firm’s Recruiting Committee, and works hard to ensure Jackson Walker continues to recruit the best talent from top law schools or as lateral hires. Natalie is a lateral herself, having begun her career in the corporate group at Varnum LLP, a respected full-service law firm in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Natalie also enjoys serving as a mentor to several Jackson Walker associates and is a regular contributor to Nepris online, where she mentors students of all levels.
B.A., summa cum laude, University of Michigan
- Phi Beta Kappa
J.D., cum laude, Notre Dame Law School
- First in Class, Trademark and Unfair Competition
- First in Class, Deposition Skills
- Solicitations Editor, Journal of College and University Law
United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Represented a manufacturing and distribution company in the sale of a majority stake to private equity
- Represented a marketing company in the negotiation and documentation of a joint venture transaction
- Represented private equity fund in the purchase of skilled nursing and assisted living facilities around the country
- Represented mid-size service business in sale to national trucking chain
- Represented management team in equity rollover and new employment agreements and equity awards
- Represented executives in employment agreement and equity award negotiations with public and private companies
- Women’s Business Council-Southwest, Committee Member
- ACG Young Professionals
- Dallas Regional Chamber Young Professionals
- Notre Dame Club of Dallas
- University of Michigan Alumni Club of Dallas
August 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s August 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
October 5, 2021Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s October 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
May 24, 2021Client Results
Before a series of new comic book adventures could be introduced to the world, budding entrepreneurs faced some legal questions. How should they set up their company? What about intellectual property rights? With these questions in mind, Chrystal Baeza turned to the team at Jackson Walker for help.
April 21, 2020Podcasts
While many of us are sheltering in place, the world of mergers and acquisitions marches on. Jackson Walker partner Natalie Kosydar discusses four points that those currently involved in M&A deals should think about right now.
February 10, 2020Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the election of 11 attorneys to partnership on Friday, February 7, 2020.
June 24, 2019Speaking Engagements
In a Skype conference with high-school students enrolled in Nepris, Natalie Kosydar shared general advice about a career in the law, including the different directions that can be taken, the process of taking the bar exam, and considerations for law school.