Patrick R. Dresslar
Patrick Dresslar is an associate in Jackson Walker’s Litigation practice group, and has experience in a wide range of commercial litigation matters, including complex breach-of-contract disputes, insurance matters, class action cases, intellectual property disputes, business torts, and defending multimillion dollar personal injury suits. Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Patrick worked at an international law firm in Dallas, where in addition to litigating complex commercial matters, his experience included a large-scale international Foreign Corrupt Practices Act internal investigation.
B.S., Communications, The University of Texas at Austin
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
United States District Court for the Western and Northern Districts of Texas
Patrick’s representative litigation matters include:
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing all claims made against utility company in case in which plaintiff alleged utility company negligently constructed and maintained power line, causing the plaintiff’s injuries.
- Defend auto insurer against class action claims for policy benefits filed in New Mexico federal court.
- Defended insurers against claims for breach of contract asserted by former insurance agents.
- Represented property insurance companies in single-state class action cases in Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Ohio.
- Represent fashion company in multiple suits to enjoin and recover damages for intellectual property infringement in federal court.
- Represented and assisted content creators and manufacturers in negotiating favorable settlements of copyright and trademark disputes.
- Represent businesses in disputes with cities and government agencies concerning the application and validity of city ordinances and agency regulations.
State Bar of Texas – Litigation Section