Richard F. Dahlson
Richard F. Dahlson’s corporate practice is complemented by his extensive experience in securities matters and he has represented both companies and investment bankers in over thirty public offerings and over forty PIPE transactions. His clients include large established companies as well as startups. Rick is also the former Chair of the Firm’s Corporate and Securities practice.
Over the last ten years, as the economy has been globalized, Rick’s practice has expanded with numerous international transactions in Europe, the Middle East, South America, Australia, China, Korea, Mexico and Canada.
Rick is committed to achieving his clients’ goals and offers strategic advice on decisions that affect them, professionally and personally, resulting in strong, long-term relationships.
Rick has extensive experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Public Offerings
- Private Placements
- Public Reporting Compliance
- Emerging Growth Companies
- Fund Formation
B.S.B.A., magna cum laude, University of Minnesota
J.D., cum laude, University of Wisconsin Law School
- Represents both purchasers and sellers in leveraged buy-outs, mergers and acquisitions and recapitalizations.
- Represents entrepreneurs, investors and investments funds (equity funds, hedge funds and venture funds).
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2012-2018, 2021
- Ranked for Corporate/M&A – Texas
- “Top 50 M&A Attorneys in Texas” List, The Texas Lawbook, 2018
- Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters
- Securities & Corporate Finance, 2003-2004, 2013-2015
- Mergers & Acquisitions, 2003-2004, 2013-2015
- Best Lawyer, D Magazine, 2014
- American Bar Association – Business Law Section
- State Bar of Texas – Business Law Section