Richard E. Griffin
Richard E. Griffin joined Jackson Walker in 1995 as a partner in the Litigation section when he and the attorneys of his former firm joined forces with Jackson Walker. As a fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers, he has had the privilege of being lead counsel in major litigation in Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Louisiana. His trial experience includes commercial litigation, products, professional and environmental liability, industrial accidents, insurance, coverage, and bad faith, surety, aviation, premises, truck and auto liability, and major energy related litigation. He also focuses his practice on mediation.
He has been a licensed pilot since 1957.
B.S., Public Administration, University of Arkansas, 1963
J.D., University of Arkansas School of Law, 1963
All Courts of the State of Arkansas
All Courts of the State of Texas
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Outstanding Young Men in America
- Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals, National Register Member
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), 2005-2023
- Business Litigation 2005-2006
- Commercial Litigation, 2006-2023
- Houston’s Top Lawyers, H Texas magazine
- Texas Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2005-2016
- Super Lawyer in Business Litigation, Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition
- Arkansas Senate, 1967-1971
- Arkansas Department of Corrections
- Appointed by Governor Dale Bumpers, 1972- 1984
- Chairman, 1978- 1984
- Board of the First State Bank of Crossett, Chairman, 1974-Present
- Crossett Chamber of Commerce, President
- Crossett Airport Commission
- Continuing Legal Education Seminars in Arkansas and Texas, Speaker
- Lone Star Flight Museum, Financial Committee
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints – Houston Texas South Stake, Public Affairs Committee
- The American, Arkansas, Texas and Houston Bar Associations
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Arkansas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Federal Rules of Evidence Committee
- Defense Research Institute
- The American Board of Trial Advocates
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Stalwart Member
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 20, 2020Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 164 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2021 Edition, Including 9 “Lawyers of the Year” and 25 “Ones to Watch”
Jackson Walker congratulates the 164 attorneys who were selected by their peers as Best Lawyers, including 9 Lawyers of the Year and 25 Ones to Watch, across 6 offices and 66 specialty practice areas.
August 14, 2019Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 109 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2020 Edition, With Eight Named “Lawyers of the Year”
Jackson Walker congratulates our 109 attorneys named to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Lawyers in America 2020 list, including eight attorneys who were named “Lawyers of the Year.”
August 16, 2018Attorney News
Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas. For over three decades, recognition in Best Lawyers has been regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, since an attorney cannot pay to be listed.
December 17, 2017Client Results
Appellate Victory in Arkansas Case of First Impression Regarding Shareholder Request to Inspect Corporate Records
In a case of first impression interpreting Arkansas Code Annotated §4-26-715, Jackson Walker partner Richard Griffin together with local counsel Gregory M. Hopkins of Hopkins Law Firm recently secured a victory for shareholders of Ashley Bancstock Company (ABC) from the Arkansas Court of Appeals affirming the right of the shareholders to inspect all corporate records as requested.
August 15, 2017Attorney News
The Best Lawyers in America, a widely regarded guide to legal excellence, has recognized 94 Jackson Walker attorneys in its 2018 edition. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
September 29, 2016Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 54 attorneys who were included in the 2016 “Texas Super Lawyers” list by Thomson Reuters.
August 17, 2016Attorney News
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become widely regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
September 8, 2015Attorney News
Fifty-one Jackson Walker attorneys were selected as 2015 “Super Lawyers” by Thomson Reuters. The list will be published in the October issue of Texas Monthly magazine.