Robert M. Ahlander
Robert Ahlander is a tax attorney in the Tax Transactional and M&A Group of Jackson Walker’s Dallas office. Robert’s practice includes tax planning for partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations, and tax-exempt entities. Robert advises clients on the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions and other tax structuring matters related to domestic and international transactions.
Robert’s tax experience includes complex partnership and LLC agreements, entity formation, partnership restructurings, corporate reorganizations, joint ventures, private equity arrangements, cross-border business structuring, and tax controversy and procedural matters.
While in law school at Brigham Young University, Robert served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Ted Stewart of the U.S. District Court for the District of Utah. Robert also served as a Lead Note and Comment Editor on the BYU Law Review. Robert received a Bachelor of Science in Business Management from the Marriott School of Business at Brigham Young University.
B.S., Brigham Young University
- Dean’s List
J.D., cum laude, Brigham Young University J. Reuben Clark School of Law
- BYU Law Review, Lead Note and Comment Editor
- BYU National Moot Court Team
- ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition, First Place and Best Brief Winner
LL.M. in Taxation, New York University School of Law
- Contributor, “Robust Economic Growth and Tax Law Changes Mean Choice of Entity Decisions More Important than Ever,” The Texas Lawbook, April 8, 2019
- Comment, Undressing Naked Economic Protectionism, Rational Basis Review, and Fourteenth Amendment Equal Protection, 2017 BYU L. REV. 167