Ruth S. Thomson
Ruth Thomson is an attorney in the Corporate & Securities group of Jackson Walker’s San Antonio office. She represents emerging companies, family offices, and publicly traded companies in a variety of matters, from formation to billion dollar M&A transactions.
She is part of a team that specializes in serving family-owned businesses and family offices to help preserve their family legacies and meet their goals. Her work also includes export control compliance work.
Ruth served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Carlos F. Lucero in the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, in Denver, Colorado.
B.A., cum laude, Case Western Reserve University
J.D., with high honors, The University of Chicago Law School
- The University of Chicago Law Review, Managing Editor
Represented Acelity, Inc., a leading global medical technology company focused on advanced wound care and specialty surgical applications, and its KCI subsidiaries in the sale of its business to 3M for approximately $6.725 billion. As part of the transaction, KCI will be integrated into 3M’s Medical Solutions business.
- “Best S.A. Lawyers” List, San Antonio Scene, 2019-2020
- Corporate Governance/Compliance
- “San Antonio’s Outstanding Women in Law,” San Antonio Scene, 2021
- “Rising Star Lawyers” List, Corporate & Securities, San Antonio Scene, 2020-2021
- Comment, Home Sweet Copyright, 84 U Chi L Rev 495 (2017)