S. Priya Coffey
S. Priya Coffey has experience in assisting clients with complex commercial real estate transactions, including the representation of buyers and sellers in the acquisition and disposition of raw land, office buildings and retail centers, and the representation of landlords and tenants in commercial office building leases and retail leases. Priya’s experience extends to advising her clients on City of Houston ordinances and other governmental compliance related matters.
For residential clients, Priya represents both buyers and sellers in the acquisition and disposition of high-end residential property, and she represents homeowners in deed restriction and City of Houston related issues.
B.A., The University of Chicago
M.Sc., London School of Economics
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law
- Staff Member, Comment Editor, Texas Tech Law Review
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), Real Estate Law, 2021-2024
- H Texas Top Lawyers of Houston, 2020
- Top 50 Women Lawyers of Houston, Texas Diversity Council, 2017
- Houston’s Top Lawyers, H Texas magazine, 2010
- Featured, “#109: Priya Coffey – Real Estate Lawyer,” How I Lawyer Podcast with Jonah Perlin (April 2023)
- Featured, “Be the Change You Want to See: Perspectives of Women Leaders in the Law,” The Houston Lawyer (March 2022)
- Featured, “Jackson Walker’s Coffey On COVID-19 And Boosting Diversity,” Law360 (January 2021)
- Featured, “HBJ’s 2015 Law Guide: Largest Real Estate Firms,” Houston Business Journal (February 2014)
- Author, “There is More Than One Way to Skin a Copycat: The Emergence of Trade Dress to Combat Design Piracy of Fashion Works,” Texas Tech Law Review (1996)
- Covenant House, Executive Sleep Out Committee
- Greater Houston Partnership Business Resource Group – Executive Women’s Partnership
- Recipe for Success, Board of Directors
- South Asian Bar Association of Houston
- The Junior League of Houston, Inc., Sustaining Member
- The University of Chicago’s Houston Regional Council
December 4, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s December 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s August 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
April 28, 2023Mentions
Houston Managing Partner Priya Coffey was featured on the How I Lawyer Podcast with Jonah Perlin as she discussed her decision to become a lawyer, how a clerkship changed her professional life even as a transactional lawyer, the unique (and not so unique) parts of real estate law, some of the surprising parts of her career, the super power of taking on opportunities to learn new things, where the practice of real estate law is going in the years to come, and more.
April 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
January 19, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker proudly congratulates Houston Managing Partner S. Priya Coffey on her selection to the Executive Women’s Partnership (EWP), a Business Resource Group of the Greater Houston Partnership.
December 13, 2022Spotlight
As a Member of the German American Chamber of Commerce South (GACC South), Manny Schoenhuber represented Jackson Walker at events welcoming German Bundesliga teams 1. FC Köln and VfB Stuttgart to Texas.
November 21, 2022Attorney News
For more than a decade, Jackson Walker partner Kurt D. Nondorf has taken part in the annual Covenant House Executive Edition “Sleep Out.” Houston-area business leaders spend the night meeting with homeless youth, hearing the personal stories of Covenant House residents, and sleeping on the ground to support Covenant House Texas, which provides sanctuary and support for homeless and abandoned youth.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
June 7, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the arrival of Christina Vitale as a partner in the Houston office. Joining our Trial & Appellate Litigation practice, Christina will focus on complex commercial litigation, class actions, investigations, and regulatory matters.
- Represented landlords in downtown office buildings containing nearly 5,000,000 square feet of office space, for over 15 consecutive years
- Represented a Houston developer in leasing a mixed-use project on Lower Westheimer, which includes 100,000 square feet of office space and more than 50,000 square feet of retail.
- Represented tenants under 100,000 square foot leases in office buildings in the Energy Corridor area of Houston, Texas
- Represented one of the nation’s largest beer distributors in land acquisition and development of beer distributorship center in Pasadena, Texas
- Represented North America’s largest liquor distributor in acquisition of industrial facility in Katy, Texas