S. Priya Coffey
S. Priya Coffey has experience in assisting clients with complex commercial real estate transactions, including the representation of buyers and sellers in the acquisition and disposition of raw land, office buildings and retail centers, and the representation of landlords and tenants in commercial office building leases and retail leases. Priya’s experience extends to advising her clients on City of Houston ordinances and other governmental compliance related matters.
For residential clients, Priya represents both buyers and sellers in the acquisition and disposition of high-end residential property, and she represents homeowners in deed restriction and City of Houston related issues.
B.A., The University of Chicago
M.Sc., London School of Economics
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law
- Staff Member, Comment Editor, Texas Tech Law Review
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), Real Estate Law, 2021-2023
- H Texas Top Lawyers of Houston, 2020
- Top 50 Women Lawyers of Houston, Texas Diversity Council, 2017
- Houston’s Top Lawyers, H Texas magazine, 2010
- Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2006-2009
- Houston Professionals on the Fast Track, H Texas magazine, 2006-2007
“There is More Than One Way to Skin a Copycat: The Emergence of Trade Dress to Combat Design Piracy of Fashion Works,” Texas Tech Law Review (1996)
- Recipe for Success, Board of Directors
- South Asian Bar Association of Houston
- The Junior League of Houston, Inc.
- The University of Chicago’s Houston Regional Council
- Greater Houston Partnership Business Resource Group – Executive Women’s Partnership
January 19, 2023Attorney News
Priya Coffey Selected to the Executive Women’s Partnership of the Greater Houston Partnership
Jackson Walker proudly congratulates Houston Managing Partner S. Priya Coffey on her selection to the Executive Women’s Partnership (EWP), a Business Resource Group of the Greater Houston Partnership.
December 13, 2022Spotlight
Jackson Walker and Manny Schoenhuber Welcome German Bundesliga Teams for Business Events
As a Member of the German American Chamber of Commerce South (GACC South), Manny Schoenhuber represented Jackson Walker at events welcoming German Bundesliga teams 1. FC Köln and VfB Stuttgart to Texas.
November 21, 2022Attorney News
Kurt Nondorf Participates in Covenant House Executive “Sleep Out” to Support Homeless Youth
For more than a decade, Jackson Walker partner Kurt D. Nondorf has taken part in the annual Covenant House Executive Edition “Sleep Out.” Houston-area business leaders spend the night meeting with homeless youth, hearing the personal stories of Covenant House residents, and sleeping on the ground to support Covenant House Texas, which provides sanctuary and support for homeless and abandoned youth.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
June 7, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker Welcomes Christina Vitale to Houston Litigation Group
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the arrival of Christina Vitale as a partner in the Houston office. Joining our Trial & Appellate Litigation practice, Christina will focus on complex commercial litigation, class actions, investigations, and regulatory matters.
April 21, 2022Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – April 2022
View Jackson Walker’s April 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 8, 2022Attorney News
Priya Coffey to Be Honored Among Top 100 Women in Business at National Women’s Conference
Houston Managing Partner Priya Coffey has been named among the Top 100 Women in Business in recognition of her contributions to the growth of our Firm, her mentorship of the next generation of women leaders in the legal profession, and her commitment to corporate citizenship. Priya will be recognized with the award during the National Women’s Conference held on March 29-31, 2022.
February 3, 2022Spotlight
In Memoriam: A Tribute to Amanda Shaw-Castro
We are deeply saddened to announce the passing of our friend and partner Amanda Shaw-Castro. Amanda was a rising star and leader who left behind a legacy of loyalty and kindness.
March 4, 2022Mentions
Be the Change You Want to See: Perspectives of Women Leaders in the Law | The Houston Lawyer
Priya Coffey, managing partner of the Houston office, Priya Coffey, was featured in the Women in the Law issue of The Houston Lawyer. In the Q&A, she noted, “As a wife and mother first and a lawyer second, I can personally attest to feeling the pressure of ‘doing it all.’ We can help mitigate all these stressors by making women a regular part of the conversation and having lawyers share their stories so that male and female lawyers are better equipped to support one another.”
October 5, 2021Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – October 2021
View Jackson Walker’s October 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
- Represented landlords in downtown office buildings containing nearly 5,000,000 square feet of office space, for over 15 consecutive years
- Represented a Houston developer in leasing a mixed-use project on Lower Westheimer, which includes 100,000 square feet of office space and more than 50,000 square feet of retail.
- Represented tenants under 100,000 square foot leases in office buildings in the Energy Corridor area of Houston, Texas
- Represented one of the nation’s largest beer distributors in land acquisition and development of beer distributorship center in Pasadena, Texas
- Represented North America’s largest liquor distributor in acquisition of industrial facility in Katy, Texas