Samuel S. Allen
Sam Allen handles business and finance in West Texas.
Sam Allen represents parties in business and commercial litigation including bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings. He also handles probate cases. In addition, Sam helps clients negotiate, document, and close business transactions such as organizing, buying, and selling businesses or interests in business entities; loans and other financial transactions, and buying or selling real estate and other major assets.
Sam also provides general legal advice and counsel to clients, with an emphasis in small business succession and estate planning. He’s lawyered in this unique intersection of money and life for over three decades, almost all of it based in San Angelo, Texas.
B.A., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Litigation in Texas state and federal courts.
- Negotiation and documentation of financial transactions including secured and unsecured loans and factoring agreements.
- Negotiation, documentation, and closing of purchases involving real estate, business assets, and business entities.
- Organization of business entities and business succession.
- Best Attorney, San Angelo Standard Times, 2014
- San Angelo Chamber of Commerce – Transportation Committee, Chair
- Sierra Vista United Methodist Church, Music Ministries
November 11, 2020Client Results
Jackson Walker Advises Regal Oil in Sale of C-Store Assets in West Texas
After a delay as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Regal Oil, Inc. completed the sale of 14 Star Stop convenience stores and a portfolio of dealer supply accounts to Majors Management LLC.
June 30, 2020Insights
As Texas Mayors and County Judges Issue Orders Regarding Local Restrictions, City of Laredo Brings Back Stay-at-Home Order
After Governor Abbott issued a proclamation on June 23, 2020, permitting mayors and county judges to impose restrictions on outdoor gatherings of over 100 people, several cities and counties have taken action.
February 27, 2020Press Releases
Jackson Walker Relocates San Angelo Office
Texas-based law firm Jackson Walker announces the relocation of its San Angelo team to 136 W. Twohig, Suite B.
March 6, 2017Press Releases
Jackson Walker Moves San Angelo Office
We have moved our growing San Angelo team to new offices on West Twohig Avenue – just a few blocks from the former location.
August 4, 2015Attorney News
Jackson Walker Lawyers Participate in the 2015 West Texas Legislative Summit
Three Jackson Walker attorneys will be attending the 2015 West Texas Legislative Summit.
July 7, 2014Client Results
Jackson Walker Represents Owners of Knox Oil Field Supply in Acquisition by Applied Industrial Technologies
Jackson Walker successfully represented the owners of Knox Oil Field Supply, Inc. in the company’s recent acquisition by Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: AIT).