Sarah R. Novo
Sarah Novo is a development and planning consultant on land use and real estate entitlement matters. She has extensive experience in economic development, redevelopment, planning, zoning, housing, code enforcement, and government policy.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Sarah spent many years as a manager of government operations in Texas and California. Her years as a city manager and as a manager of city departments included responsibility for community development, administration, budget, maintenance, operations, policy development, public safety, special projects, and infrastructure planning. Sarah has experience working with owners and developers of real property in land use and governmental affairs issues and working with companies on site selection, entitlements review, and negotiations with governmental entities and elected officials. She possesses a unique and thorough understanding of governmental processes and the changing dynamics of a growing community.
B.A., Florida Institute of Technology
M.P.A., Florida Institute of Technology
Licensed Texas and California Mortgage Broker
Licensed California Realtor
- Navigated complex economic development and redevelopment projects and agreements.
- Negotiated and structured redevelopment initiatives for existing businesses.
- Conducted an assessment as well as managed extensive rehabilitation of a 184-acre former private golf course which transformed into a public trail system.
- Oversaw private-public partnerships to include naming rights for a City-owned amphitheater and the operations of a City-owned, privately managed adventure park.
- Resolved concerns related to land use issues and assisted companies with site searches and relocation.
- Oversaw construction, operations contracts, maintenance, mandatory inspection and reporting requirements.
- Facilitated the adoption and implementation of the following documents for city governments: Transportation plan, Comprehensive Plan, Park & Trail Master Plan, Trail Strategy & Action Plan, and Strategic Plan.
- Created and implemented a code enforcement manual detailing the processes, policies, procedures, and remedies available through a code enforcement program.
- International City/County Management Association, Governmental Affairs and Policy Committee, 2020-Present
- Texas City Management Association (TMCA)
- Texas Municipal League
- Institute for Local Government
- CAPGOG, Representative, 2020-2021
- InfraGard, FBI
- FEMA, National incident management
- Engaging Local Government Leaders
- National Recreation and Park Association
- 100+ Placer County, Charter Member
- American Society for Public Administration, MPA student mentor
- Council of Governments, Program mentor
- Sacramento Sheriff’s Posse, 2010-2016
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Rotary, Board Member, 2021
- Lions Club
- Project Development & Permitting
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Zoning & Land Use incentives
- Farm & Ranch
- Land Use & Municipal Law
- Government Affairs
- Retail & Mixed Use – Real Estate
- Single Family Residential – Real Estate
- Land Use & Municipal Law/Energy
- Multifamily and Residential – Real Estate