Serene W. Ateek
Serene Ateek is an associate in both Jackson Walker’s Corporate & Securities group and Entertainment, Digital & Sports group. Her practice focuses on assisting clients in an array of corporate transactions, including merger and acquisitions, startup counseling, private offerings, and general corporate governance matters. Regardless of the subject matter, Serene zealously negotiates commercial contracts and works hard to educate and empower her clients so they understand the protections and risks that live within each contract before they sign.
Serene has helped social media influencers navigate the Federal Trade Commission’s Endorsement Guides and publishing companies comply with automatic renewal laws across multiple states. She believes knowledge is power and wants her clients to have the knowledge it takes to best protect themselves.
Serene speaks fluent Arabic and currently serves on the Board of Genesis Young Leaders to help stop domestic violence in the Dallas community.
While in law school, Serene served as Staff Editor for the Texas Journal for Civil Liberties and Civil Rights, interned at The Center for Women in Law, and clerked for The Honorable David Evans at the Court of Appeals for the Fifth District of Texas. She was a Summer Associate at Jackson Walker in 2015 and 2016.
B.A., magna cum laude, University of Texas at Austin
- Dean’s List
- Distinguished College Scholar: Ranked in the Top 4% of the College of Liberal Arts
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
- Represented a leading provider of B2B digital transformation services in the sale of its business to a Dallas-based private equity firm for an undisclosed amount.
- Co-Author, “Cancel Culture and the Endless Stream of Subscriptions: A Discussion of Automatic Renewal Laws” (October 2021)
- Speaker, “Fashion Faux Pas: Legal Pitfalls for Fashion Companies to Avoid,” Presented by the Entertainment & Sports Law Section of the Austin Bar Association (ESLABA) and the Texas Chapter of the Copyright Society of the USA (July 2021)
- Texas Law Dallas Young Alumni Steering Committee, Committee Member
- Genesis Young Leaders, Board Member