Serene W. Ateek
Serene is an associate in Jackson Walker’s Corporate & Securities group and Entertainment, Digital & Sports group. Her corporate practice focuses on assisting clients in an array of corporate transactions, including mergers & acquisitions, private equity transactions, joint venture transactions, and outside counsel representation.
Serene also has an active entertainment practice consisting of:
- Representing TV networks in negotiations with talent for various reality TV shows
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating endorsement deals
- Advising subscription based companies on automatic renewal laws
- Advising social media influencers/celebrities on Federal Trade Commission’s Endorsement Guides for social media postings
Serene is able to break down complex legal matters and advise her clients on how that matter will directly impact their business. She focuses on providing efficient and practical advice that gets the deal done while also protecting the client.
In addition to her practice, Serene serves on the Board of Genesis Young Leaders to help stop domestic violence in Dallas.
B.A., magna cum laude, University of Texas at Austin
- Dean’s List
- Distinguished College Scholar: Ranked in the Top 4% of the College of Liberal Arts
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
- Represented the provider of North America’s premier automotive service and parts analytics and pricing optimization system in connection with a minority recapitalization through an equity investment by a private equity firm focused on growth companies.
- Represented a leading provider of B2B digital transformation services in the sale of its business to a Dallas-based private equity firm for an undisclosed amount.
- Speaker, Educate and Empower Entrepreneurs (E3) Workshop, Presented “Attorneys and Why You Shouldn’t Be Scared of Them” and “Know Before You Sign: How to Read A Contract” (January 2022)
- Co-Author, “Avoiding Fashion Faux Pas: Factors to Consider When Drafting Agreements for Fashion Companies” (January 2022)
- Co-Author, “Cancel Culture and the Endless Stream of Subscriptions: A Discussion of Automatic Renewal Laws” (October 2021)
- Speaker, “Fashion Faux Pas: Legal Pitfalls for Fashion Companies to Avoid,” Presented by the Entertainment & Sports Law Section of the Austin Bar Association (ESLABA) and the Texas Chapter of the Copyright Society of the USA (July 2021)
- Board Member, Dallas Bar Association – Entertainment, Art, & Sports Section
- Texas Law Dallas Young Alumni Steering Committee, Committee Member
- Genesis Young Leaders, Board Member