Sheena Elise Duke
Sheena Elise Duke primarily focuses on commercial real estate transactions. She offers experienced counsel related to drafting and negotiating various real estate documents, including purchase and sale, easement, escrow, development, and lease agreements as well as deeds; reviewing title commitments and surveys; reviewing and analyzing due diligence materials and anticipated development plans; and reviewing existing lease agreements.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Sheena was an associate at transactional firms focused on commercial real estate, lending, and construction. Her previous editorial and property management experience have given her keen insight related to drafting and reviewing real estate contracts and leases.
While in law school, Sheena interned for U.S. Magistrate Judge Amos Mazzant of the Eastern District of Texas.
B.A., University of Texas at Dallas
J.D., Texas A&M University School of Law
- Texas A&M Journal of Real Property Law, Executive Articles Editor and Staff Member
Sheena assists clients with respect to:
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Easement agreements, including aerial, gas pipeline, access, utility, and parking
- Lease agreements
- Development agreements
- Due diligence materials and anticipated development plans, including Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, site plans, zoning documentation, and governmental development requirements
- Escrow agreements
- Deeds and other closing-related documents, including authority consents, affidavits, and title-clearing releases
- Restrictive covenants
- Letters of intent
- Title commitments, underlying exception documents, and surveys
- Analysis of encumbrances on subject property to client’s proposed use
- Proposed plats/replats
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association – Real-Property Law Section
- Tarrant County Association of Young Lawyers