Susan Mead focuses her practice in the areas of zoning, planning and entitlements law, including implementation of tax increment financing districts and other economic development incentives. Her practice includes representation before city councils, city planning commissions, board of adjustments, urban renewal boards, review boards and landmark committees throughout the nation.
Susan’s Community Service: a member of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, and an honorary member of the American Institute of Architects. Susan has been active in neighborhood preservation, redevelopment of cities, and art organizations for most of her career, including:
Past Chair of the Oak Cliff Chamber of Commerce, the Dallas Coalition for the Arts, the Downtown Dallas Association, the Shakespeare Festival, and a past member of the Board of Directors for the Dallas Museum of Art, Executive Committee for the Dallas Theater Center, the Dallas Arboretum, the Downtown Partnership, Inc., and the Architectural Forum, Inc.
B.A., Trinity College
J.D., SMU Dedman School of Law
- Entitlements law
- Tax increment financing districts
- Economic development incentives
- Historic preservation
Susan’s practice includes representation before city councils, city planning commissions, board of adjustments, urban renewal boards, review boards and landmark committees throughout the nation.
- The American Institute of Architects, Honorary Member
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Ranked for Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use – Texas, 2015-2017
- Senior Statesmen for Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use – Texas, 2018-2020
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2003-2005, 2007-2009, 2011-2012, and 2014-2019
- Best Women Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2010, 2013
- Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2003-2004
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.)
- Lawyer of the Year – Dallas/Fort Worth, Land Use and Zoning Law, 2015, 2021
- Lawyer of the Year – Dallas/Fort Worth, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning Law, 2020
- Litigation – Land Use & Zoning Law, 2012-2021
- Litigation – Real Estate Law, 2012-2021
- Land Use & Zoning Law, 2007-2021
- Oak Cliff Chamber of Commerce, Past Chair
- Dallas Coalition for the Arts
- Downtown Dallas Association
- Shakespeare Festival
- Dallas Museum of Art, Former Member – Board of Directors
- Dallas Theater Center, Executive Committee
- Dallas Arboretum
- Downtown Partnership, Inc.
- Architectural Forum, Inc.