Todd B. Brewer
Todd Brewer brings a wealth of public finance experience in all areas of tax-exempt and taxable transactions. His practice includes the roles of bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, and direct purchaser counsel for cities, counties, school districts, special purpose districts, local government and economic development corporations, state agencies, nonprofit organizations, and private entities.
Todd’s public finance experience includes infrastructure, public and private schools, charter schools, economic development, cultural and community facilities, land development, and the securitization of assets and revenue streams due to private entities. Additionally, Todd has extensive experience in representing governmental entities and private parties in connection with economic development projects and major sports and entertainment facilities.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Todd served as Vice-Chair of Public Finance for Texas at an international law firm.
B.A., University of Tennessee
J.D., University of Tennessee College of Law
- Lender counsel to financial institutions on over $500 million of secured master indenture lines of credit to multiple charter school operators
- Bond counsel to fast-growth Texas independent school district in connection with the issuance of more than $1.5 billion of bonds since 1997
- Bond and lender counsel for numerous non-profit organizations (primary, secondary and higher education; charter schools; healthcare; and cultural/community facilities) in connection with over $3 billion of bonds, loans, and other tax-exempt and taxable financings
- Bond counsel for numerous structured financings in connection with the securitization of government receivables / reimbursements from special purpose entities
- Team counsel for NFL and NBA franchises in connection with the development, financing, construction, and operation of new stadiums and arenas
- Underwriter counsel on more than $1.5 billion of bonds issued by Texas governmental and nonprofit entities since 2000
- Direct purchaser counsel and liquidity bank counsel for numerous national and regional banks in connection with over $5 billion of bond, loans, letters of credit, and other financing structures since 2000
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.)
- Tax Law, 2024
- Public Finance Law, 2007-2016
- “Top Rated Lawyers,” Administrative Law, American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell, 2012
- Texas Super Lawyers, Bonds/Government Finance, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2003-2005
- Co-Author, “Tax-Exempt Lending to Governments and Nonprofits – Bank Loans and Direct Purchasers of Municipal Securities” (2022)
- Moderator/Panelist, “Trends in Bank Facilities,” 2014 Bond Buyer Conference (February 5, 2014)
- Panelist, “Higher Education,” 2012 Bond Buyer Conference (February 13, 2012)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- American College of Bond Counsel, Fellow
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
June 20, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the arrival of a new Public Finance practice group based in our Houston office. With more than 140 years of collective experience, the group has represented clients in more than $200 billion of public finance transactions.