We bring real world experience to the table and find efficient and proactive strategies to help all of our clients.
Our team has worked on matters that include complex corporate Chapter 11 cases, out of court workouts, and litigation proceedings for our clients. Our decades of experience in workouts and restructurings gives us the tools to successfully navigate sophisticated and complex matters for our clients, including preference and fraudulent transfer litigation, valuation and automatic stay proceedings, objections to discharge/dischargeability and commercial litigation. This experience helps our clients get the most favorable result in difficult and often tense situations.
Our solution-oriented approach ensures we are mobilized to respond to every client’s business needs.
We represent clients in bankruptcy courts nationally, including Delaware, New York, California, Illinois, New Jersey, Arizona, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee and other jurisdictions nationwide. Many of our lawyers are former judicial law clerks. Our varied experiences means we can respond quickly to our client’s needs wherever they may be.
We excel at getting businesses reorganized and creditors paid. We assist clients in recovering their money and collateral when borrowers default or file for bankruptcy and represent secured and unsecured creditors and debtors in restructurings. We take a collaborative approach to obtain the highest possible recovery for our clients in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Bank and Financial Institution representation in Oil & Gas/Energy Industries
- Representation of first lien bank group member in the Sabine Oil & Gas case (SDNY) owed approximately $90 million.
- Representation of first lien creditor in Crossfoot Energy (NDTX) bankruptcy case.
- Representation of bank group members in the CalDive (DE) bankruptcy case.
- Representation of bank group member in the Samson Resources (DE) bankruptcy case.
- Representation of prospective DIP Lender in WBH Energy (WDTX) bankruptcy case.
- Representation of aircraft financier in Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (DE) bankruptcy case.
- Representation of member of first lien bank group in Knight Energy workout.
- Representation of first lien lender in workout and paydown of eight figure loan in the Miller Energy (Alaska) bankruptcy case.
- Representation of depository bank and credit card issuer in Hercules Offshore (DE) bankruptcy case.
- Representation of a secured lender in Energy XXI workout.
- Representation of secured lender in Pro Oilfield Services workout.
- Representation of secured lender in Postrock Energy Services workout.
- Representation of secured lender in Craig Energy workout prior to bankruptcy case filed in Denver, Colorado.
- Representation of secured lender in Rex Energy workout.
Other representations in Oil & Gas/Energy Industry cases
- Representation of a co-chair of Committee and largest trade vendor in Energy Futures Holdings (formerly TXU) bankruptcy case.
- Representation of midstream transportation company in Parallel Energy case.
- Representation of landlord in Paragon Energy Case.
Representation in recent healthcare cases
- Representation of health maintenance organization (PacifiCare) in Genesis Physicians Practice Association.
- Representation of health maintenance organization (PacifiCare) in Medical Select Management.
- Representation of healthcare management consultant (Culwell Health, Inc.) employed by estate in City Memorial Hospital, Inc.
- Representation of secured lender for medical equipment (US Bancorp. Business Equipment Finance) in MRI Facility of Open Medical Systems, Inc.
- Representation of landlords (Alsey Northridge Realty, et al.) in home healthcare and pharmacy case of Horizon Home Care, Inc., et al.
- Representation of lead secured lender (Community National Bank) in Heart Place Hospital (W. Dist. of TX – Midland Div.).