Our attorneys have considerable experience representing Committees and individual members appointed to Committees in complex Chapter 11 cases. We provide insightful lien review and a skilled analysis that best positions Committees to maximize recoveries for general unsecured creditors.
We pride ourselves on our ability to work with other constituencies collaboratively when appropriate—offering fresh solutions and strategies designed to promote negotiated resolutions that preserve estate value rather than resorting to costly litigation that could have been avoided. That said, when the interests of unsecured creditors are best advanced through litigation, our top-notch litigation team is at the ready to fight on their behalf.
Our attorneys are routinely tasked and trusted to identify and prosecute complex estate claims in the highest profile bankruptcy cases in Texas.
- EXCO Resources—Acted as co-counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors, where we provided in-depth and specialized lien review and analysis with respect to alleged mortgages on oil and gas leases throughout the U.S. As a result of our lien analysis, the Committee successfully negotiated a proposed plan distribution up from the 0% estimated upon filing to 18%.
- Energy Future Holdings—Acted as counsel for the largest unsecured trade creditor and co-chair of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors.
- Southern Foods d/b/a Dean Foods—Acted as counsel for a member of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors.
- Montco—Represented member of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors.
- Panaco—Represented co-chair of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors.
- Reichhold—Represented petrochemical company/trade creditor holding a multimillion-dollar unsecured claim against the debtor multinational paint manufacturer. Successfully achieved appointment to the Unsecured Creditors’ Committee (co-chair) and favorable recovery of claim (92%) through a negotiated asset sale.
- Continental Airlines—Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors involving unsecured claims exceeding $100 million which resulted in a confirmed plan that provided for payment to unsecured creditors of 100%.
- North Texas Motorcars—Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors involving unsecured claims of $57 million in a subprime automobile lender.
- Consolidated Fuel Corporation—Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors with claims of $10 million, resulting in a plan that paid unsecured creditors in full, with interest.