The labor relations practice at Jackson Walker covers the spectrum of management representation in matters covered by the National Labor Relations Act and Railway Labor Act, including unfair labor practice charges and representation and compliance proceedings.
Our attorneys offer practical counseling designed to prevent potentially disruptive labor and employment disputes. We are especially adept at developing innovative strategies for creating a positive work environment with satisfied employees who do not feel the need for union representation. Should union-organization attempts arise, we work closely with management to provide customized, lawful, and effective advice to see the employer through the union effort.
Likewise, we work closely with our clients through the collective bargaining process to negotiate practical labor contracts that are operationally effective while ensuring the organization remains competitive. We develop and drive strategic proposals to meet client goals and effectuate a solid and successful labor contract.
Our attorneys have considerable labor relations experience in a wide variety of industries, including defense, energy, hospitality, manufacturing, retail, and transportation. We care deeply about our clients and work hard to foster relations that inure to the benefit of the labor-management relationship and, therefore, the overall success of the company.
Jackson Walker Scores Take-Nothing Judgment in Big Spring Discrimination Case
Labor & Employment Dispatch: October 2018
- Advice, counseling, and representation in union organizing campaigns and in decertification cases initiated by employees
- Defense of unfair labor practice charges and employer representation in charges against labor unions
- Representation in grievance arbitrations and advice on contract interpretation and compliance
- Active participation in collective bargaining contract negotiations and as legal counsel to company negotiation committees
- Litigation defense in cases involving labor unions and in employee law suits under federal labor law
- Advice and counseling regarding compliance with the NLRB’s interpretations of the National Labor Relations Act
- Development and administration of positive employee relations programs