Dan Vineyard's practice focuses on energy and environmental matters. He has been lead counsel in more than 30 CERCLA cost recovery or contribution cases in federal courts around the country, has represented clients at numerous Superfund sites and in each EPA region, and he counsels clients on environmental provisions in commercial transactions and property sales or purchases, due diligence, audits, and the handling of hazardous wastes.
Mr. Vineyard counsels and represents environmental, pharmaceutical, pipeline, chemical, and energy companies, among others. He handles both civil and criminal environmental enforcement matters, and his cases range from major, complex, multi-party litigation involving hundreds of parties to resolution of two-party disputes. Mr. Vineyard also has experience handling environmental justice sites and the litigation related to them. He guides clients through the maze of environmental laws and regulations to assist them in maintaining compliance.
In addition, Mr. Vineyard has represented clients in cases and arbitrations relating to complex commercial, construction, and patent matters. Mr. Vineyard is also a credentialed and experienced mediator.
More about Daniel E. Vineyard: Experience | Involvement | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant mining company in CERCLA lawsuit
- Involved in precedent-setting litigation involving municipal solid waste
- Lead counsel in RCRA enforcement action for major refinery
- Represented pipeline company in rupture and release case
- Lead counsel in cost recovery case with hundreds of parties
- Served as common counsel to PRP groups
- Permitted the only oil and gas well ever drilled in ANWR
- Obtained favorable settlement for pharmaceutical company in class action suit
More about Daniel E. Vineyard: Biography | Involvement | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
Mr. Vineyard is a member of the American Bar Association, State Bar of Texas, State Bar of California, and Houston Bar Association. He is also a Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and former Vice President and current member of The Woodlands Bar Association.
More about Daniel E. Vineyard: Biography | Experience | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
Mr. Vineyard was listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business directory (2006-2010, 2012-2013).
More about Daniel E. Vineyard: Biography | Experience | Involvement | Speeches / Publications | News
Speeches / Publications
- "I Need to Hire an Expert: Now What?!," August 2012, Chevron Law Department, Lunch and Learn Series
- "How To Handle Agency Inspections," February 2009, TransCanada USA Services, Inc. In-house Environmental Group
- "The Ethics of Negotiations," January 2009, The Woodlands Bar Association CLE Luncheon Series
- "Conflicts of Interest," June 2009, Chevron U.S.A. Law Department
- "CERCLA Cost Recovery and Allocation," April 2005, Mealey's Environmental Litigation Conference
- "Managing CERCLA Litigation," June 1994, Executive Enterprises, Inc. Southwest Environmental Regulations Seminar
- "CERCLA 101," May 1991, National Association of Manufacturers
- "The CERCLA Petroleum Exclusion and E&P Exception," November 1990, American Petroleum Institute
More about Daniel E. Vineyard: Biography | Experience | Involvement | Recognition | News