Dan Vineyard has a national environmental practice and is a recognized expert and frequent speaker on handling state and federal cleanup cases and associated litigation. He is common counsel for a number of PRP Groups, and has been lead counsel in more than 30 CERCLA cost recovery or contribution cases in federal courts around the country. He has represented clients at numerous Superfund sites and in each EPA region, and he counsels clients on environmental provisions in commercial transactions, property sales or purchases, due diligence, audits, and the handling of hazardous wastes.
Mr. Vineyard also has represented numerous pipeline companies in litigation ranging from property damages related to spills or releases to commercial claims related to the alleged delivery of off-specification products. He routinely provides advice to pipeline companies related to day to day operations and commercial transactions.
Mr. Vineyard's clients include environmental, pharmaceutical, pipeline, chemical, and energy companies, among others. He handles both civil and criminal environmental enforcement matters, and his cases range from major, complex, multi-party litigation involving hundreds of parties to resolution of two-party disputes. Mr. Vineyard also has experience handling environmental justice sites and the litigation related to them. In addition, he has successfully resolved numerous natural resource damages cases.
Mr. Vineyard has also represented clients in cases and arbitrations relating to complex commercial, construction, and patent matters. He is also a credentialed and experienced mediator.
More about Daniel E. Vineyard: Experience | Involvement | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
- Currently common counsel for PRP groups in California and Puerto Rico
- Managed precedent-setting CERCLA litigation involving municipal solid waste
- Successfully resolved $100 million+ RCRA enforcement action for major oil company
- Successfully resolved claims from property owners in pipeline company rupture and release case
- Lead counsel in cost recovery case with hundreds of parties
- Obtained favorable settlements for pharmaceutical company and oil company in their class action suits
More about Daniel E. Vineyard: Biography | Involvement | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
Mr. Vineyard is a Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and former Vice President of The Woodlands Bar Association. He is also a member of the American Bar Association, State Bar of Texas, State Bar of California, and Houston Bar Association.
More about Daniel E. Vineyard: Biography | Experience | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
Mr. Vineyard was listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business directory (2006-2010, 2012, 2013). Mr. Vineyard was also named a "Super Lawyer" by Thomson Reuters (2013-2015).
More about Daniel E. Vineyard: Biography | Experience | Involvement | Speeches / Publications | News
Speeches / Publications
- "I Need to Hire an Expert: Now What?!," August 2012, Chevron Law Department, Lunch and Learn Series
- "How To Handle Agency Inspections," February 2009, TransCanada USA Services, Inc. In-house Environmental Group
- "The Ethics of Negotiations," January 2009, The Woodlands Bar Association CLE Luncheon Series
- "Conflicts of Interest," June 2009, Chevron U.S.A. Law Department
- "CERCLA Cost Recovery and Allocation," April 2005, Mealey's Environmental Litigation Conference
- "Managing CERCLA Litigation," June 1994, Executive Enterprises, Inc. Southwest Environmental Regulations Seminar
- "CERCLA 101," May 1991, National Association of Manufacturers
- "The CERCLA Petroleum Exclusion and E&P Exception," November 1990, American Petroleum Institute
More about Daniel E. Vineyard: Biography | Experience | Involvement | Recognition | News