Jacob Arechiga is an associate in the Environmental and Legislative practice group in Jackson Walker's Austin office. Mr. Arechiga advises clients in the electric power generation, oil and gas, mining, waste, and technology industries regarding federal and state environmental law compliance.
Mr. Arechiga provides guidance to companies navigating evolving air, water, waste, and toxics regulations. He is well versed in the challenges facing industrial operations and commercial development, including managing regulatory uncertainty and future compliance burdens. He assists clients in securing requisite environmental permits and proceeding through the administrative hearing and appeal process. Mr. Arechiga also advises clients conducting internal compliance audits and completing large industrial and electric generating facility transactions through due diligence and assessment of compliance risks.
He has experience before the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, the Public Utility Commission of Texas, the Railroad Commission of Texas, and the Texas State Office of Administrative Hearings
More about Jacob P. Arechiga: Speeches / Publications | News
Speeches / Publications
Mr. Arechiga's most recent speeches and publications:
- Author, "Radioactive Materials and Wastes and Radiation–Producing Devices," Texas Practice Series, Environmental Law, 2013-2014 ed. (Vols. 45 and 46).
- Author, "The Texas Water-Energy Nexus: Water for Energy and Energy for Water in a Growing Texas," State Bar of Texas, Changing Face of Water Rights course (2013)
- Author, "The Railroad Commission’s Evolving Water Quality Protection Rules Governing Hydraulic Fracturing Fluids and Oil and Gas Wastes," State Bar of Texas, Environmental Impacts of Oil and Gas Production (2013)
- Speaker/presenter, "Hydraulic Fracturing: Federal Regulatory and Legal Developments," Center of Research Excellence in Science and Technology's Research on Environmental Sustainability of Semi-Arid Coast Areas conference (April 2012)
- Author, "Energy-Water Nexus," State Bar of Texas, Essentials of Texas Water Resources (2009 and 2012)
- Author, "Clean Air Act: EPA Proposes Stricter Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standards," TACA Conveyor (Winter 2010), AVAILABLE HERE
Mr. Arechiga also authored or co-authored the following:
Links to Publications
More about Jacob P. Arechiga: Biography | News