Jacob Arechiga is an associate in the Environmental and Legislative practice group of Jackson Walker's Austin Office. Mr. Arechiga advises clients in the electric power generation, mining, oil and gas, waste, and technology industries regarding state and federal environmental law compliance.
Mr. Arechiga provides guidance to companies navigating evolving air, water, waste, and toxics regulations and is well versed in the future challenges facing industry operations, commercial development, and electric reliability. He assists clients in securing requisite environmental permits and proceeding through the administrative hearing and appeal process. Mr. Arechiga also advises clients conducting internal compliance audits and completing large industrial and electric generating facility transactions through due diligence and assessment of compliance risks.
He has experience before the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, the Public Utility Commission of Texas, the Railroad Commission of Texas, and the Texas State Office of Administrative Hearings.
More about Jacob P. Arechiga: Speeches / Publications | News
Speeches / Publications
Mr. Arechiga's most recent speeches and publications:
- Author, "The Texas Water-Energy Nexus: Water for Energy and Energy for Water in a Growing Texas," State Bar of Texas, Changing Face of Water Rights course (2013)
- Author, "The Railroad Commission’s Evolving Water Quality Protection Rules Governing Hydraulic Fracturing Fluids and Oil and Gas Wastes," State Bar of Texas, Environmental Impacts of Oil and Gas Production (2013)
- Speaker/presenter, "Hydraulic Fracturing: Federal Regulatory and Legal Developments," Center of Research Excellence in Science and Technology's Research on Environmental Sustainability of Semi-Arid Coast Areas conference (April 2012)
- Author, "Energy-Water Nexus," State Bar of Texas, Essentials of Texas Water Resources (2009 and 2012)
- Author, "Clean Air Act: EPA Proposes Stricter Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standards," TACA Conveyor (Winter 2010), AVAILABLE HERE
Mr. Arechiga also authored or co-authored the following:
Links to Publications
More about Jacob P. Arechiga: Biography | News