W. Brad Anderson
W. Brad Anderson is an eminent domain attorney with extensive experience representing condemning authorities and landowners throughout the state of Texas. Brad is experienced in every area of the land acquisition process and advises clients on the legal, political, and practical challenges that come with voluntary and involuntary land acquisition. During his tenure with the firm, Brad has facilitated the acquisition of hundreds of parcels needed for electric transmission lines, oil/gas pipelines, water/wastewater pipelines, drainage facilities, railroads, educational facilities, and other public projects — and has represented landowners seeking to secure just compensation associated with the same.
B.S., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., cum laude, Texas Tech University School of Law
- Student Bar Association, President
- Board of Barristers, Trial Advocacy, Vice-Chair
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Assisted in the acquisition of over 600 parcels needed for the completion of a 320-mile electric transmission line constructed as part of the Competitive Renewable Energy Zones project.
- Represented the Lower Colorado River Authority in its acquisition of over 95 parcels needed for the completion of its Clear Springs to Hutto project.
- Assisted the City of Corpus Christi with the acquisition of right-of-way needed for the modification and improvement of municipal drainage facilities.
- Represented numerous oil/gas midstream and interstate pipeline companies in the acquisition of the right-of-way needed to complete common carrier and gathering systems in the Eagle Ford, Permian, Kline, and Haynesville Shales.
- Aided Travis County Municipal Utility District 18 with its acquisition of the right-of-way needed for its wastewater interceptor project.
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters), 2014-2016
- Strategies to Optimize Real Property Acquisition, Relocation Assistance, and Property Management Practices, NCHRP (National Cooperative Highway Research Program) Report 771, 2014
- “Utility Easement Acquisitions – Practical Advice, Tips, and Analysis from Both Sides of the Docket,” 18th Annual CLE International Eminent Domain SuperConference (March 2019)
- “Measuring Just Compensation,” Eminent Domain and Private Property Rights Law Course, University of Texas School of Law (March 2018; March 2017)
- “Utilities, Inverse Condemnation, and More: Point/Counterpoint on Key Eminent Domain Issues,” CLE International Eminent Domain SuperConference, Austin (2017)
- “From the Frontlines: Current Issues in Eminent Domain,” CLE International (2016)
- “Hot Topics in Eminent Domain,” CLE International (2015)
- “Unique Challenges Facing Condemnor’s Counsel Today,” CLE International (2013)
- “High Voltage Transmission Line Easements: Appraisal, Acquisition, and Condemnation,” International Right of Way Association (2012)
- “Condemnation Issues and the Competitive Renewable Energy Zones,” CLE International (2011)
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association
- West Austin Youth Association
- Dripping Springs Youth Sports Association