Sports are a major part the Texas lifestyle, from competitive team sports like football and baseball, to individual efforts like golf and racing. But sports are also a business and, like any business, must contend with a variety of legal issues on a daily basis. Jackson Walker has the experience to counsel sports-industry clients on those issues.
Our attorneys have represented professional and Olympic athletes, collegiate and professional sports teams, professional sports team owners, sporting facilities, and sports industry associations and governing bodies with their sports industry-related transactional and litigation matters.
Representative services provided include:
- Preparation and negotiation of various industry agreements
- Negotiation of sponsorship and athlete endorsement deals
- Counsel clients on compliance with Title IX
- Sports industry dispute resolution (e.g., sports contract disputes, intellectual property disputes, right to compete grievances)
Representative clients include:
- Professional and Olympic athletes
- Collegiate and professional sports teams
- Sports team owners
- Sports associations and governing bodies
- Olympic organizations
- Sports facilities
Please contact one of our entertainment law practitioners for more information.
© 1999 - 2013Jackson Walker L.L.P. · All Rights Reserved · Unless otherwise noted, attorneys not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.