Corporate & Securities
We have the experience and knowledge necessary to assist our clients with virtually any type of corporate transaction.
From counseling startups and forming investment funds to negotiating M&A transactions and conducting public and private offerings, our attorneys handle complex corporate matters of all sizes across countless jurisdictions. But we’re more than just deal lawyers. We also serve as outside general counsel to hundreds of companies, working closely with management to provide pragmatic solutions to legal problems as they arise. Whether it’s negotiating commercial contracts, improving corporate governance, or navigating securities regulations, clients look to us for guidance on the issues that affect their businesses every day.
Representation for every stage of a business’s life
We work with clients from the very beginning, structuring and negotiating terms for private funds and helping startups avoid ownership disputes before they happen. We help issuers of all sizes raise the capital they need while minimizing risk and avoiding regulatory surprises. We advise operating businesses on commercial, employment, and licensing agreements, and work with institutional investors to evaluate private funds and direct investment opportunities. And through it all, we counsel boards of directors, management, and equity holders on the entire array of issues that confront private and public companies.
Experience on both sides of the table
When it comes to deals, we’re just as comfortable representing an institutional investor or private equity fund as we are an emerging growth company or family-owned business. And because we handle transactions of every size — sub-million-dollar deals, multibillion-dollar deals, and everything in between, we’re able to combine big-deal experience with development-stage resourcefulness to deliver sophisticated legal guidance in a cost-efficient manner.
- Representation of a registered investment advisory firm focused on utility and infrastructure-related investments in connection with its signing of a deal to invest $675 million in common stock of PG&E Corporation in a private placement of public equity (PIPE) transaction. which, together with other investors, was part of a $3.25 billion investment expected to close upon PG&E emerging out of bankruptcy.
- Representation of a privately held technology leasing and finance company in its sale to a publicly traded national bank.
- Representation of over 90 institutional investors in the United States and around the globe, including some of the largest and most active sovereign wealth funds, endowments, insurance companies, public pension plans and financial institutions.
- Representation of Questcare Medical and QRx Medical Management, a physician-owned and operated provider group operating in multiple states, in their $135M sale to Envision Healthcare Holdings.
- Representation of ThermiGen LLC, a medical technology company, in its $75M sale to Almirall, S.A., a global pharmaceutical company.
- Representation of TFS Corporation, the world’s largest owner and manager of commercial Indian sandalwood plantations, in the $244.9M acquisition of two bioscience companies, ViroXis Corporation and Santalis Pharmaceuticals.
- Representation of Prophet Equity, a private equity firm, and several of its portfolio companies, in over $300M of acquisition transactions.
- Served as Special Texas Counsel in the $730M roll-up sale of a hospital group.
- Representation of a privately-held energy technology company in the sale to a NASDAQ-traded semiconductor manufacturer.
- Representation of a family office in a $52M joint venture investment.
- Representation of a heath care informatics company in a $300M SaaS agreement with a large insurer.
- Representation of a consumer products company in the negotiation of a $70M credit facility.
- Representation of a publicly traded air medical transport company in the acquisition of a joint venture from two hospital systems.
September 19, 2023
Each year, less than 5% of attorneys in Texas are named to the list. Selection is based off of peer nominations that are then reviewed by a research team. Each nominee is evaluated on his or her professional accomplishments, peer recognition, and community involvement.
September 18, 2023
Jackson Walker partner Mario Perez Dolan has been selected as a member of Dallas Regional Chamber’s (DRC) Leadership Dallas Class of 2024. Established in 1975, Leadership Dallas (LD) selects a group of diverse individuals with exceptional leadership potential within their organizations and communities.
September 18, 2023
Jackson Walker congratulates the 44 practicing attorneys in the San Antonio office who were included in Scene in S.A.’s 2023 “Best S.A. Lawyers” list. In its 19th year, the “Best S.A. Lawyers” list presents attorneys across 80 distinct practice areas who were nominated by fellow licensed, practicing attorneys of Bexar County.
September 11, 2023
Larry Glasgow to Co-Chair 19th Annual UT School of Law Mergers and Acquisitions Institute; Byron Egan to Present on “Texas Business Courts”
Jackson Walker partner Larry E. Glasgow will Co-Chair The University of Texas School of Law’s 19th Annual Mergers and Acquisitions Institute, recognized as the preeminent private M&A conference in the United States. In addition, Jackson Walker partner Byron F. Egan will be a featured speaker during the Luncheon Presentation sponsored by the firm on Thursday, October 5, 2023.
September 11, 2023
Evan Malloy Appointed to Fort Worth Committee for the Association of Corporate Growth Dallas/Fort Worth
Jackson Walker congratulates Fort Worth partner Evan M. Malloy on his appointment to the Fort Worth Committee within the Dallas/Fort Worth Chapter of the Association of Corporate Growth (ACG DFW).
September 6, 2023
By Ann M. Leafstedt and Roderick O. Faulk
On January 1, 2024, the Corporate Transparency Act (the “CTA”) will go into effect. The CTA is a U.S. law (31 U.S. Code § 5336), enacted January 1, 2021, that aims to combat money laundering and other illicit activities. The CTA requires reporting entities to disclose certain beneficial ownership information and other data to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), a bureau of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
September 1, 2023
By Michael L. Laussade and Graham McCall
On August 23, 2023, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), by a party-line vote of 3-2, adopted new rules applicable to investment advisers to private funds (“Private Fund Advisers”) that address transparency, conflicts of interest and governance mechanisms (“PFA Rules”).
August 23, 2023
Shayan Gaziani and Demi Williams Speak on NIL Panel Presented by Dallas Bar Association’s Entertainment, Art & Sports Law Section
The Dallas Bar Association’s Entertainment, Art & Sports Law Section on August 23, 2023, hosted a CLE panel featuring Jackson Walker attorneys Shayan Gaziani and Demi Williams along with Justin Jones (Fee Smith & Sharp), Andrew Rhoden (Masterly Legal Solutions), and Kheana Pollard (Bell Nunnally & Martin).
August 21, 2023
Jackson Walker congratulates San Antonio partner Lauren Sracic Ciminello on her appointment to the Board of Trustees of Keystone School in San Antonio, Texas.