Corporate & Securities
We have the experience and knowledge necessary to assist our clients with virtually any type of corporate transaction.
From counseling startups and forming investment funds to negotiating M&A transactions and conducting public and private offerings, our attorneys handle complex corporate matters of all sizes across countless jurisdictions. But we’re more than just deal lawyers. We also serve as outside general counsel to hundreds of companies, working closely with management to provide pragmatic solutions to legal problems as they arise. Whether it’s negotiating commercial contracts, improving corporate governance, or navigating securities regulations, clients look to us for guidance on the issues that affect their businesses every day.
Representation for every stage of a business’s life
We work with clients from the very beginning, structuring and negotiating terms for private funds and helping startups avoid ownership disputes before they happen. We help issuers of all sizes raise the capital they need while minimizing risk and avoiding regulatory surprises. We advise operating businesses on commercial, employment, and licensing agreements, and work with institutional investors to evaluate private funds and direct investment opportunities. And through it all, we counsel boards of directors, management, and equity holders on the entire array of issues that confront private and public companies.
Experience on both sides of the table
When it comes to deals, we’re just as comfortable representing an institutional investor or private equity fund as we are an emerging growth company or family-owned business. And because we handle transactions of every size — sub-million-dollar deals, multibillion-dollar deals, and everything in between, we’re able to combine big-deal experience with development-stage resourcefulness to deliver sophisticated legal guidance in a cost-efficient manner.
- Representation of a registered investment advisory firm focused on utility and infrastructure-related investments in connection with its signing of a deal to invest $675 million in common stock of PG&E Corporation in a private placement of public equity (PIPE) transaction. which, together with other investors, was part of a $3.25 billion investment expected to close upon PG&E emerging out of bankruptcy.
- Representation of a privately held technology leasing and finance company in its sale to a publicly traded national bank.
- Representation of over 90 institutional investors in the United States and around the globe, including some of the largest and most active sovereign wealth funds, endowments, insurance companies, public pension plans and financial institutions.
- Representation of Questcare Medical and QRx Medical Management, a physician-owned and operated provider group operating in multiple states, in their $135M sale to Envision Healthcare Holdings.
- Representation of ThermiGen LLC, a medical technology company, in its $75M sale to Almirall, S.A., a global pharmaceutical company.
- Representation of TFS Corporation, the world’s largest owner and manager of commercial Indian sandalwood plantations, in the $244.9M acquisition of two bioscience companies, ViroXis Corporation and Santalis Pharmaceuticals.
- Representation of Prophet Equity, a private equity firm, and several of its portfolio companies, in over $300M of acquisition transactions.
- Served as Special Texas Counsel in the $730M roll-up sale of a hospital group.
- Representation of a privately-held energy technology company in the sale to a NASDAQ-traded semiconductor manufacturer.
- Representation of a family office in a $52M joint venture investment.
- Representation of a heath care informatics company in a $300M SaaS agreement with a large insurer.
- Representation of a consumer products company in the negotiation of a $70M credit facility.
- Representation of a publicly traded air medical transport company in the acquisition of a joint venture from two hospital systems.
April 28, 2021
Jackson Walker congratulates the 23 attorneys recognized among D Magazine’s list of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” for 2021.
April 27, 2021
Cale McDowell has been elected Chairman of the Board of Directors of University Federal Credit Union (UFCU), effective April 5, 2021. Cale has previously served as Vice Chairman of the Board, Chairman of the Supervisory Committee, and Chairman of the Asset/Liability Management and Budget Committee, among other roles.
April 20, 2021
Morality Clauses Take Center Stage: Tips to Help Protect Your Next Project From Being Associated With Talent Controversy
By Valery Piedra & Emilio Nicolas
In talent agreements, a morality clause allows film producers to terminate a contract if the talent has engaged in certain socially objectionable behavior or otherwise ends up in a scandal that might harm the project.
April 19, 2021
‘Scene in S.A.’ Recognizes 14 Jackson Walker Attorneys Among Inaugural List of “San Antonio’s Outstanding Women in Law”
Jackson Walker proudly congratulates the 14 women attorneys who have been named to Scene in S.A.’s inaugural survey of “San Antonio’s Outstanding Women in Law.”
March 23, 2021
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 36 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2021 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list. Spanning five offices and eight major practice areas, these up-and-coming attorneys have been nominated by peers within and outside the Firm.
February 22, 2021
Joining the Energy practice, Pat Knapp brings a wealth of experience handling corporate transactions and energy litigation as in-house and outside counsel to domestic and international upstream, midstream, and downstream energy companies.
February 12, 2021
Shari Mao will join a panel discussion presented by the St. Mary’s University School of Law Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to share her perspective as a woman of color in the legal profession.