Corporate & Securities
We have the experience and knowledge necessary to assist our clients with virtually any type of corporate transaction.
From counseling startups and forming investment funds to negotiating M&A transactions and conducting public and private offerings, our attorneys handle complex corporate matters of all sizes across countless jurisdictions. But we’re more than just deal lawyers. We also serve as outside general counsel to hundreds of companies, working closely with management to provide pragmatic solutions to legal problems as they arise. Whether it’s negotiating commercial contracts, improving corporate governance, or navigating securities regulations, clients look to us for guidance on the issues that affect their businesses every day.
Representation for every stage of a business’s life
We work with clients from the very beginning, structuring and negotiating terms for private funds and helping startups avoid ownership disputes before they happen. We help issuers of all sizes raise the capital they need while minimizing risk and avoiding regulatory surprises. We advise operating businesses on commercial, employment, and licensing agreements, and work with institutional investors to evaluate private funds and direct investment opportunities. And through it all, we counsel boards of directors, management, and equity holders on the entire array of issues that confront private and public companies.
Experience on both sides of the table
When it comes to deals, we’re just as comfortable representing an institutional investor or private equity fund as we are an emerging growth company or family-owned business. And because we handle transactions of every size — sub-million-dollar deals, multibillion-dollar deals, and everything in between, we’re able to combine big-deal experience with development-stage resourcefulness to deliver sophisticated legal guidance in a cost-efficient manner.
- Representation of a registered investment advisory firm focused on utility and infrastructure-related investments in connection with its signing of a deal to invest $675 million in common stock of PG&E Corporation in a private placement of public equity (PIPE) transaction. which, together with other investors, was part of a $3.25 billion investment expected to close upon PG&E emerging out of bankruptcy.
- Representation of a privately held technology leasing and finance company in its sale to a publicly traded national bank.
- Representation of over 90 institutional investors in the United States and around the globe, including some of the largest and most active sovereign wealth funds, endowments, insurance companies, public pension plans and financial institutions.
- Representation of Questcare Medical and QRx Medical Management, a physician-owned and operated provider group operating in multiple states, in their $135M sale to Envision Healthcare Holdings.
- Representation of ThermiGen LLC, a medical technology company, in its $75M sale to Almirall, S.A., a global pharmaceutical company.
- Representation of TFS Corporation, the world’s largest owner and manager of commercial Indian sandalwood plantations, in the $244.9M acquisition of two bioscience companies, ViroXis Corporation and Santalis Pharmaceuticals.
- Representation of Prophet Equity, a private equity firm, and several of its portfolio companies, in over $300M of acquisition transactions.
- Served as Special Texas Counsel in the $730M roll-up sale of a hospital group.
- Representation of a privately-held energy technology company in the sale to a NASDAQ-traded semiconductor manufacturer.
- Representation of a family office in a $52M joint venture investment.
- Representation of a heath care informatics company in a $300M SaaS agreement with a large insurer.
- Representation of a consumer products company in the negotiation of a $70M credit facility.
- Representation of a publicly traded air medical transport company in the acquisition of a joint venture from two hospital systems.
May 9, 2022
Jonathan Lass was named a recipient of the Adjunct Professor of the Year Award by the Student Bar Association of The University of Texas School of Law. The award, which recognizes excellence in teaching and service, was presented at the Justice Center Celebration of Service & Student Bar Association Teaching Awards on April 21, 2022.
April 25, 2022
Jackson Walker congratulates the 21 attorneys recognized among D Magazine’s list of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” for 2022. For recognition in the list, Dallas attorneys must be nominated by their peers on the basis that they offer unmatched counsel in one of 40 categories.
April 21, 2022
By Taylor Holcomb & Michael Meskill | On April 11, 2022, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) proposed to require public companies to disclose extensive climate-related information in registration statements and periodic reports (including Forms 10-K and 10-Q). If finalized as proposed, the requirements would represent a sea change with respect to public company climate-related disclosures.
March 22, 2022
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 51 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2022 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 2.5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
March 9, 2022
At the National Women’s Conference held on March 29-31, 2022, Marisela Peña Gonzalez will be honored with a Top Emerging Leader Award, which recognizes recipients for their peer leadership, executive leadership potential, and for demonstrating “values of courage, inclusiveness, innovation, faithfulness, persistence, and humility.”
March 7, 2022
Art Cavazos, Chris Rourk, and Erin Camp to Present How to Avoid Top Mistakes Startups Make in SBIR/STTR Proposals
Jackson Walker attorneys Art Cavazos, Chris Rourk, and Erin Camp will present “Start-Up Pitfalls: How to Avoid the Top 10 Mistakes Start-Ups Make” during the 2022 SBIR/STTR Workshop Series on April 6, 2022. Presented by Texas A&M University, the workshop series will discuss key items in crafting successful proposals.
February 23, 2022
Fellows are chosen for their outstanding professional achievements and demonstrated commitment to improving the Texas justice system. Each year, one-third of 1% of State Bar members are invited to become fellows. Once nominees are selected, they must be elected by the foundation’s Board of Trustees.
February 11, 2022
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the election of 14 attorneys to the Firm’s partnership on Friday, February 11, 2022. In addition to electing 14 new partners, the Firm also congratulates Bart Cicuto, Noah Speck, and Austin Thomas on their promotion from associates to senior counsel.
February 3, 2022
The Texas Lawbook quoted Stephanie Chandler in an article regarding mergers and acquisitions activity in 2021. In the article, Stephanie noted that her activity last year was heavily driven by strategics adding to their footprint geographically or broadening their service offerings through acquisitions of ancillary product or service lines – versus 2020, in which her deal flow was more driven more by PE looking for opportunities to put money to work.