Corporate & Securities
We have the experience and knowledge necessary to assist our clients with virtually any type of corporate transaction.
From counseling startups and forming investment funds to negotiating M&A transactions and conducting public and private offerings, our attorneys handle complex corporate matters of all sizes across countless jurisdictions. But we’re more than just deal lawyers. We also serve as outside general counsel to hundreds of companies, working closely with management to provide pragmatic solutions to legal problems as they arise. Whether it’s negotiating commercial contracts, improving corporate governance, or navigating securities regulations, clients look to us for guidance on the issues that affect their businesses every day.
Representation for every stage of a business’s life
We work with clients from the very beginning, structuring and negotiating terms for private funds and helping startups avoid ownership disputes before they happen. We help issuers of all sizes raise the capital they need while minimizing risk and avoiding regulatory surprises. We advise operating businesses on commercial, employment, and licensing agreements, and work with institutional investors to evaluate private funds and direct investment opportunities. And through it all, we counsel boards of directors, management, and equity holders on the entire array of issues that confront private and public companies.
Experience on both sides of the table
When it comes to deals, we’re just as comfortable representing an institutional investor or private equity fund as we are an emerging growth company or family-owned business. And because we handle transactions of every size — sub-million-dollar deals, multibillion-dollar deals, and everything in between, we’re able to combine big-deal experience with development-stage resourcefulness to deliver sophisticated legal guidance in a cost-efficient manner.
- Representation of a registered investment advisory firm focused on utility and infrastructure-related investments in connection with its signing of a deal to invest $675 million in common stock of PG&E Corporation in a private placement of public equity (PIPE) transaction. which, together with other investors, was part of a $3.25 billion investment expected to close upon PG&E emerging out of bankruptcy.
- Representation of a privately held technology leasing and finance company in its sale to a publicly traded national bank.
- Representation of over 90 institutional investors in the United States and around the globe, including some of the largest and most active sovereign wealth funds, endowments, insurance companies, public pension plans and financial institutions.
- Representation of Questcare Medical and QRx Medical Management, a physician-owned and operated provider group operating in multiple states, in their $135M sale to Envision Healthcare Holdings.
- Representation of ThermiGen LLC, a medical technology company, in its $75M sale to Almirall, S.A., a global pharmaceutical company.
- Representation of TFS Corporation, the world’s largest owner and manager of commercial Indian sandalwood plantations, in the $244.9M acquisition of two bioscience companies, ViroXis Corporation and Santalis Pharmaceuticals.
- Representation of Prophet Equity, a private equity firm, and several of its portfolio companies, in over $300M of acquisition transactions.
- Served as Special Texas Counsel in the $730M roll-up sale of a hospital group.
- Representation of a privately-held energy technology company in the sale to a NASDAQ-traded semiconductor manufacturer.
- Representation of a family office in a $52M joint venture investment.
- Representation of a heath care informatics company in a $300M SaaS agreement with a large insurer.
- Representation of a consumer products company in the negotiation of a $70M credit facility.
- Representation of a publicly traded air medical transport company in the acquisition of a joint venture from two hospital systems.
November 28, 2022
Carolyn Mulvey represents companies in mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, and corporate restructuring transactions. She has extensive experience advising private companies and family offices in a broad array of transactional matters.
November 16, 2022
Podcast: Future-Ready Business
What are the rights and responsibilities of corporations and other types of companies? It’s a question that has been asked since corporations were first created, and the answer has changed over time. On this episode of FRB, hosts Erin Camp and Art Cavazos discuss with tech CEO and co-founder Yousef Kassim the ever-evolving field of corporate responsibility.
~43 minutes | JW Future-Ready Business Podcast
November 3, 2022
Jackson Walker proudly announces the Firm’s inclusion in the 2023 edition of the U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” list. This year, our firm improved in the national rankings, with the rise of Appellate Practice and Corporate Law to Tier 2.
November 2, 2022
Podcast: Future-Ready Business
When talking about business innovation, startup companies are so fundamental that it’s a topic we’ll return to from time to time on FRB as part of our series on startups. For now, we’ll begin at the beginning and discuss what a startup is, the startup ecosystem, startup culture, and how all of that has changed over time.
~25 minutes | JW Future-Ready Business Podcast
October 27, 2022
Podcast: Future-Ready Business
Art Cavazos and Erin Camp are two business lawyers with a simple question: what do today’s businesses and communities need from tomorrow’s business and community leaders? Tune in as they discuss emerging topics that are quickly affecting everyone, like AI, automation and advanced robotics, cryptocurrency and blockchain, the metaverse, and the continually evolving tech startup scene.
October 25, 2022
Jackson Walker congratulates the 14 attorneys recognized among Austin Monthly’s list of “Austin’s Top Attorneys” for 2022. For recognition in the list, Austin attorneys must be nominated by their peers on the basis that they offer experienced counsel in one of 38 categories.
October 12, 2022
JW Fast Takes Podcast | ~8 minutes
At Jackson Walker, we are extremely proud of our Hispanic attorneys and allied professionals. As we celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month through October 15, Marisela Peña Gonzalez and Javier Gonzalez joined the Fast Takes podcast to share their stories.
October 3, 2022
This year, the firm proudly welcomes 18 law school graduates to expand our Bankruptcy, Restructuring, & Recovery, Corporate & Securities, Energy, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (ERISA), Finance & Banking, Labor & Employment, Real Estate, and Trial & Appellate Litigation practices.
September 30, 2022
Larry Glasgow to Co-Chair 18th Annual UT School of Law Mergers and Acquisitions Institute; Byron Egan to Join Panel Discussing “Texas Twists” in M&A Transactions
Jackson Walker partner Larry E. Glasgow will Co-Chair The University of Texas School of Law’s 18th Annual Mergers and Acquisitions Institute, widely regarded as the preeminent private M&A conference in the United States. In addition, Jackson Walker partner Byron F. Egan will join a panel entitled “Texas Twist in M&A: The Latest and Greatest.” Byron and his fellow panelists will cover aspects of Texas law that M&A practitioners need to be aware of when navigating Texas M&A transactions.