Corporate & Securities
We have the experience and knowledge necessary to assist our clients with virtually any type of corporate transaction.
From counseling startups and forming investment funds to negotiating M&A transactions and conducting public and private offerings, our attorneys handle complex corporate matters of all sizes across countless jurisdictions. But we’re more than just deal lawyers. We also serve as outside general counsel to hundreds of companies, working closely with management to provide pragmatic solutions to legal problems as they arise. Whether it’s negotiating commercial contracts, improving corporate governance, or navigating securities regulations, clients look to us for guidance on the issues that affect their businesses every day.
Representation for every stage of a business’s life
We work with clients from the very beginning, structuring and negotiating terms for private funds and helping startups avoid ownership disputes before they happen. We help issuers of all sizes raise the capital they need while minimizing risk and avoiding regulatory surprises. We advise operating businesses on commercial, employment, and licensing agreements, and work with institutional investors to evaluate private funds and direct investment opportunities. And through it all, we counsel boards of directors, management, and equity holders on the entire array of issues that confront private and public companies.
Experience on both sides of the table
When it comes to deals, we’re just as comfortable representing an institutional investor or private equity fund as we are an emerging growth company or family-owned business. And because we handle transactions of every size — sub-million-dollar deals, multibillion-dollar deals, and everything in between, we’re able to combine big-deal experience with development-stage resourcefulness to deliver sophisticated legal guidance in a cost-efficient manner.
- Representation of a registered investment advisory firm focused on utility and infrastructure-related investments in connection with its signing of a deal to invest $675 million in common stock of PG&E Corporation in a private placement of public equity (PIPE) transaction. which, together with other investors, was part of a $3.25 billion investment expected to close upon PG&E emerging out of bankruptcy.
- Representation of a privately held technology leasing and finance company in its sale to a publicly traded national bank.
- Representation of over 90 institutional investors in the United States and around the globe, including some of the largest and most active sovereign wealth funds, endowments, insurance companies, public pension plans and financial institutions.
- Representation of Questcare Medical and QRx Medical Management, a physician-owned and operated provider group operating in multiple states, in their $135M sale to Envision Healthcare Holdings.
- Representation of ThermiGen LLC, a medical technology company, in its $75M sale to Almirall, S.A., a global pharmaceutical company.
- Representation of TFS Corporation, the world’s largest owner and manager of commercial Indian sandalwood plantations, in the $244.9M acquisition of two bioscience companies, ViroXis Corporation and Santalis Pharmaceuticals.
- Representation of Prophet Equity, a private equity firm, and several of its portfolio companies, in over $300M of acquisition transactions.
- Served as Special Texas Counsel in the $730M roll-up sale of a hospital group.
- Representation of a privately-held energy technology company in the sale to a NASDAQ-traded semiconductor manufacturer.
- Representation of a family office in a $52M joint venture investment.
- Representation of a heath care informatics company in a $300M SaaS agreement with a large insurer.
- Representation of a consumer products company in the negotiation of a $70M credit facility.
- Representation of a publicly traded air medical transport company in the acquisition of a joint venture from two hospital systems.
November 29, 2021
In the special Dallas 500 edition of D CEO Magazine, Dallas Managing Partner Mike Taten was recognized among the most influential business leaders in North Texas.
November 12, 2021
Jackson Walker proudly congratulates its four San Antonio attorneys who were included in San Antonio Magazine’s “Top Attorneys” list for 2021.
November 4, 2021
Jackson Walker proudly announces the Firm’s inclusion in the 2022 edition of the U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” list. Rankings are based on client feedback on several criteria, including its practice groups, responsiveness, understanding of each client’s business, cost-efficiency, civility, and whether they would refer another client to the Firm. The selection process also includes the collection of peer evaluations and a final review by leading attorneys in each field.
November 1, 2021
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the addition of Brian Lidji and Kyle Hooper as partners in the Dallas office. Brian and Kyle are widely recognized as two of the leading mergers and acquisitions attorneys in Texas and throughout the Southwest, and they bring their experience closing billions of dollars of transactions to the Firm’s Chambers-ranked Corporate & Securities practice.
October 21, 2021
Jackson Walker Welcomes Corporate & Securities Team Led by Evan Malloy and Chelsea Wood to Fort Worth
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the addition of Evan M. Malloy and Chelsea T. Wood as partners in the Fort Worth office, along with new associates Taylor Cummins, Kayla Matus, and Nathan McCune. Joining our Chambers-ranked Corporate & Securities practice, Evan and Chelsea and their team will expand the Firm’s experience handling mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance matters, and capital markets transactions.
October 21, 2021
By Shannon Zmud Teicher & Serene W. Ateek
Regardless of whether your interest is home goods or hunting, it is undeniable that companies are quickly embracing the rise of digital when offering entertainment and personal services to consumers. Automatic renewal programs seem to dominate a lot of our world today, think: music, games, television, movies, magazines, meal deliveries, gym memberships, eyelash extensions, and much more. With all of these automatic renewal programs in place, it is easy to see how consumers would forget to cancel certain subscriptions they no longer wanted.
October 4, 2021
This year, Jackson Walker proudly welcomes 16 law school graduates to expand our Corporate & Securities, Finance & Banking, Intellectual Property, Labor & Employment, Real Estate, Trial & Appellate Litigation, and Wealth Planning practices.