Corporate & Securities
We have the experience and knowledge necessary to assist our clients with virtually any type of corporate transaction.
From counseling startups and forming investment funds to negotiating M&A transactions and conducting public and private offerings, our attorneys handle complex corporate matters of all sizes across countless jurisdictions. But we’re more than just deal lawyers. We also serve as outside general counsel to hundreds of companies, working closely with management to provide pragmatic solutions to legal problems as they arise. Whether it’s negotiating commercial contracts, improving corporate governance, or navigating securities regulations, clients look to us for guidance on the issues that affect their businesses every day.
Representation for every stage of a business’s life
We work with clients from the very beginning, structuring and negotiating terms for private funds and helping startups avoid ownership disputes before they happen. We help issuers of all sizes raise the capital they need while minimizing risk and avoiding regulatory surprises. We advise operating businesses on commercial, employment, and licensing agreements, and work with institutional investors to evaluate private funds and direct investment opportunities. And through it all, we counsel boards of directors, management, and equity holders on the entire array of issues that confront private and public companies.
Experience on both sides of the table
When it comes to deals, we’re just as comfortable representing an institutional investor or private equity fund as we are an emerging growth company or family-owned business. And because we handle transactions of every size — sub-million-dollar deals, multibillion-dollar deals, and everything in between, we’re able to combine big-deal experience with development-stage resourcefulness to deliver sophisticated legal guidance in a cost-efficient manner.
- Representation of a registered investment advisory firm focused on utility and infrastructure-related investments in connection with its signing of a deal to invest $675 million in common stock of PG&E Corporation in a private placement of public equity (PIPE) transaction. which, together with other investors, was part of a $3.25 billion investment expected to close upon PG&E emerging out of bankruptcy.
- Representation of a privately held technology leasing and finance company in its sale to a publicly traded national bank.
- Representation of over 90 institutional investors in the United States and around the globe, including some of the largest and most active sovereign wealth funds, endowments, insurance companies, public pension plans and financial institutions.
- Representation of Questcare Medical and QRx Medical Management, a physician-owned and operated provider group operating in multiple states, in their $135M sale to Envision Healthcare Holdings.
- Representation of ThermiGen LLC, a medical technology company, in its $75M sale to Almirall, S.A., a global pharmaceutical company.
- Representation of TFS Corporation, the world’s largest owner and manager of commercial Indian sandalwood plantations, in the $244.9M acquisition of two bioscience companies, ViroXis Corporation and Santalis Pharmaceuticals.
- Representation of Prophet Equity, a private equity firm, and several of its portfolio companies, in over $300M of acquisition transactions.
- Served as Special Texas Counsel in the $730M roll-up sale of a hospital group.
- Representation of a privately-held energy technology company in the sale to a NASDAQ-traded semiconductor manufacturer.
- Representation of a family office in a $52M joint venture investment.
- Representation of a heath care informatics company in a $300M SaaS agreement with a large insurer.
- Representation of a consumer products company in the negotiation of a $70M credit facility.
- Representation of a publicly traded air medical transport company in the acquisition of a joint venture from two hospital systems.
March 15, 2023
Podcast: Future-Ready Business
Next in Fashion: Influencers, IP, and Sustainability
Outside of Jackson Walker, William Nilson runs a bespoke clothing consultancy, and Courtney White reaches the masses through her Courthouse Couture blog and social media. In this episode of FRB, Erin and Art engage in a conversation with William and Courtney about fashion and the intersection of art and business.
March 13, 2023
What Businesses Should Know About Collapse of Silicon Valley and Signature Banks
Following the closures of Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank, many companies have questions about what happens next and potential impacts on their businesses. Jackson Walker has published a dedicated webpage featuring information that may be helpful to businesses dealing with the aftermath.
March 10, 2023
Shayan Gaziani Named Council Member of Dallas Bar Association’s Entertainment, Art, and Sports Law Section
Jackson Walker attorney Shayan Gaziani has joined the 2023 Council of the Dallas Bar Association’s Entertainment, Art, and Sports Law Section.
February 21, 2023
Brian Pettis Listed as “40 Under 40” Honoree in San Antonio Business Journal
Jackson Walker congratulates Brian Pettis on his inclusion in San Antonio Business Journal’s 2023 class of “40 Under 40” list recognizing forty professionals under the age of forty who are making a difference in San Antonio.
February 20, 2023
Minoo Blaesche, Paisley Park, and Brian Pettis Selected to Participate in Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Programs
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of Minoo Blaesche, Paisley Park, and Brian Pettis to participate in training programs offered by the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD).
February 15, 2023
Podcast: Future-Ready Business
Your New Co-Worker?: AI, Automation, and the Rise of ChatGPT
In recent months, a new AI-powered chatbot has made its way to the forefront of conversations about innovative technology. However, ChatGPT is just one example of how artificial intelligence and machine learning seem poised to become as integral to business as the internet and the computer. While many embrace the advances of AI and automation, others still struggle with the looming fear that their jobs may one day be replaced by AI. On this episode of FRB, we take a dive into AI and automation, and how it may influence industries in the near future.
~26 minutes | JW Future-Ready Business Podcast
February 13, 2023
Jackson Walker Announces Election of 16 Attorneys to Partnership
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the election of 16 attorneys to the firm’s partnership, marking our largest number of partnership promotions to date.
February 1, 2023
‘Fort Worth Magazine’ Lists 16 Jackson Walker Attorneys Among the “Top Attorneys” of 2022
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 16 Fort Worth-based attorneys to Fort Worth Magazine’s “Top Attorneys” list for 2022.
January 23, 2023
SEC Staff Confirms: “Net” Performance Required to Be Shown for Case Studies in Investment Adviser Marketing Materials
Even as the November 4, 2022, deadline has come and gone for registered investment advisers to comply with the SEC’s new Marketing Rule, private fund sponsors have continued to grapple with implementing one of the rule’s more consequential requirements.
By W. Graham McCall
January 18, 2023
Podcast: Future-Ready Business
Value-Based Care and the Changing Healthcare Landscape
Following the pandemic, many industries have experienced major shifts in the way that they do business. In the forefront is the healthcare industry, which was forced by the pandemic to consider the benefits of value-based healthcare, as opposed to more traditional fee-for-service models, when the world shut down. On this episode of FRB, Erin Camp and Art Cavazos discuss with Dr. Lane Aiena what exactly value-based care is and how the business landscape in the healthcare industry is changing.
33~ minutes | JW Future-Ready Business Podcast