Mr. Laussade assists small- to mid-sized companies in all phases of entity formation, capital raising, securities law compliance, corporate governance, contract negotiation, and merger and acquisition transactions. Mr. Laussade has represented both purchasers and sellers in debt and equity transactions ranging from $125,000 to $200 million and has extensive experience in the drafting and negotiation of a broad range of debt and equity instruments on behalf of both companies and investors. He also has significant experience advising officers, directors, and shareholders with respect to corporate governance issues under both Texas and Delaware law, and routinely handles the entire range of securities compliance and disclosure issues on behalf of multiple public companies. Mr. Laussade is a frequent speaker on corporate and securities law topics, particularly those related to start-up companies and private offering exemptions created by the JOBS Act.
Mr. Laussade also has significant experience in the following areas:
- Advising officers, directors, and shareholders with respect to corporate governance issues and shareholder disputes—as well as direct and derivative lawsuits and fiduciary duties—under both Texas and Delaware law.
- Structuring and formation of investment funds, including avoidance of registration obligations under the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
- Drafting and negotiation of licensing agreements on behalf of pharmaceutical, software, and technology companies.
- Addressing Section 13(d) and Section 16 beneficial ownership issues and reporting obligations on behalf of public companies and control persons.
While in law school, Mr. Laussade served as the Editor in Chief of the Texas Law Review.
More about Michael L. Laussade: Experience | Involvement | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
- Represented medical information technology company in $40 million acquisition by a private equity fund.
- Represented purchaser in $30 million asset purchase transaction involving acquisition of privately held cementing and trucking companies.
- Represented private equity fund in negotiation of $200 million merger transaction involving acquisition of publicly held technology company.
- Represented revenue cycle management services company in $13 million acquisition by strategic buyer.
- Represented private equity fund in $7.7 million stock purchase transaction involving acquisition of multiple equipment manufacturing concerns.
- Represented Special Committee of Board of Directors of one of four constituent companies in combination transaction resulting in formation of $750 million oilfield services company.
- Represented privately held energy company in connection with corporate governance disputes and proxy contest.
- Represented public communications company in connection with corporate governance disputes and stockholder litigation.
- Represented both privately held companies and former officers, directors, and shareholders in corporate governance disputes and contests for corporate control.
- Ongoing representation of medical technology company in negotiation of purchase agreements with proton therapy centers.
- Ongoing representation of privately held software company in all aspects of corporate governance, technology licensing, and employment-related issues.
- Ongoing representation of privately held technology research company in all aspects of corporate governance, capital raising, and employment-related issues.
- Ongoing representation of multiple software and technology companies in drafting and negotiation of licensing and service agreements.
- Ongoing representation of Austin-based real estate investment fund, including all aspects of fund formation, capital raising, and securities law compliance.
- Represented smaller reporting company in all aspects of a $2.6 million public exchange offer.
- Represented publicly traded communications technology company in going-private transaction.
- Ongoing representation of several smaller reporting companies in all aspects of securities law compliance, including Section 16 compliance and periodic and current reporting obligations under Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
More about Michael L. Laussade: Biography | Involvement | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
Mr. Laussade is a member of the 2010-11 Leadership Arts class of the NTBCA.
More about Michael L. Laussade: Biography | Experience | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
Mr. Laussade was named a "Rising Star" by Thomson Reuters (2010).
More about Michael L. Laussade: Biography | Experience | Involvement | Speeches / Publications | News