Mike Laussade is a partner in the firm's Corporate and Securities group, and represents both public and private issuers in all phases of capital raising and securities compliance. Mr. Laussade also counsels advisers to private investment funds regarding fund formation and compliance issues, and represents purchasers and sellers in a wide range of M&A transactions. Mr. Laussade has significant experience advising officers, directors, and shareholders with respect to corporate governance issues under both Texas and Delaware law, and is a frequent speaker on corporate and securities law topics.
While in law school, Mr. Laussade served as the Editor in Chief of the Texas Law Review.
More about Michael L. Laussade: Experience | Involvement | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
- Represented medical information technology company in $40 million acquisition by a private equity fund.
- Represented purchaser in $30 million asset purchase transaction involving acquisition of privately held cementing and trucking companies.
- Represented private equity fund in negotiation of $200 million merger transaction involving acquisition of publicly held technology company.
- Represented revenue cycle management services company in $13 million acquisition by strategic buyer.
- Represented private equity fund in $7.7 million stock purchase transaction involving acquisition of multiple equipment manufacturing concerns.
- Represented Special Committee of Board of Directors of one of four constituent companies in combination transaction resulting in formation of $750 million oilfield services company.
- Represented privately held energy company in connection with corporate governance disputes and proxy contest.
- Represented public communications company in connection with corporate governance disputes and stockholder litigation.
- Represented both privately held companies and former officers, directors, and shareholders in corporate governance disputes and contests for corporate control.
- Ongoing representation of medical technology company in negotiation of purchase agreements with proton therapy centers.
- Ongoing representation of privately held software company in all aspects of corporate governance, technology licensing, and employment-related issues.
- Ongoing representation of privately held technology research company in all aspects of corporate governance, capital raising, and employment-related issues.
- Ongoing representation of multiple software and technology companies in drafting and negotiation of licensing and service agreements.
- Ongoing representation of Austin-based real estate investment fund, including all aspects of fund formation, capital raising, and securities law compliance.
- Represented smaller reporting company in all aspects of a $2.6 million public exchange offer.
- Represented publicly traded communications technology company in going-private transaction.
- Ongoing representation of several smaller reporting companies in all aspects of securities law compliance, including Section 16 compliance and periodic and current reporting obligations under Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
More about Michael L. Laussade: Biography | Involvement | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
Mr. Laussade serves on the Board of Directors and as General Counsel of Meat Fight, a non-profit organization that hosts BBQ competitions and other food-related events to raise funds for multiple sclerosis research and awareness.
More about Michael L. Laussade: Biography | Experience | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
Mr. Laussade was named a "Rising Star" by Thomson Reuters (2010 and 2016).
More about Michael L. Laussade: Biography | Experience | Involvement | Speeches / Publications | News