Global Connections. Experience. Excellence.
Whether you’re working on small, mid-market or billion dollar transactions, Jackson Walker offers extensive experience representing hundreds of private equity firms in complex transactions in a variety of industries. We excel in serving all private equity legal needs, and our unique regional presence and global reach allow us to effectively and efficiently serve private equity clients in both domestic and cross-border transactions.
Your Legal Team – Comprehensive Experience in a Variety of Transactions
Jackson Walker advises private equity clients in all stages of an investment and in all aspects of a transaction. We have experience with fund formation and management, debt financing, stock and asset purchases, mergers, tender offers, spin-offs, leveraged buy-outs and management equity and compensation arrangements. Jackson Walker has a team of specialists ready to assist, including attorneys specializing in foreign and domestic tax considerations, Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs), ERISA, bankruptcy and restructuring, real estate, litigation, environmental regulation, healthcare, financing and other matters. Our interdisciplinary team offers a comprehensive package of services to private equity firms, fund sponsors, portfolio companies, management teams, co-investors and other participants.
Knowledgeable in a Wide Range of Industries
Our industry experience is wide-ranging and includes healthcare, energy, entertainment, hospitality, services, distribution, consumer goods, building products, manufacturing, education, infrastructure and technology services and products, among others. Our years of experience and interdisciplinary approach allow us to help private equity clients and investors successfully navigate the purchase, ownership, and operation of businesses including highly regulated industries. Our team regularly advises private equity firms in selling portfolio companies to SPACs and other investments in SPACs.
Large Complex Transaction Know-how With Development Stage Resourcefulness
By handling transactions of all sizes, Jackson Walker is able to combine complex transaction experience with development-stage resourcefulness to deliver sophisticated legal guidance in a cost-efficient manner. Clients appreciate Jackson Walker’s focus on being practical, proactive, and closing transactions efficiently and on time.
January 26, 2022
DFW Lawyers Fear Proposed SEC Regulations Could Trigger Noncompliance | Dallas Business Journal (Subscription Required)
On January 26, 2022, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) proposed amendments for its Form PF that would increase reporting requirements for hedge funds and private equity funds. In an interview with Dallas Business Journal, Michael Laussade shared insights on how the proposed amendments could make an already-challenging document more difficult for private investment funds.
August 19, 2021
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
- Represented Whataburger in sale of majority interest to BDT Capital Partners
- Represented Kendra Scott in securing substantial private equity investment
- Represented leading global medical technology company Acelity in $6.725B sale to 3M
- Represented Pixiu Sports in investment in Austin FC
- Represented TimeClock Plus, a workplaces SaaS solutions provider, in securing majority investment from Providence Equity Partners
- Represented Lifeline Software, a radiation therapy verification software provider, in sale for $25MM plus $6MM earnout
- Represented Sift Security, Inc., a cloud infrastructure security company based in California, in its 2018 acquisition by Netskope
- Represented Exemplar in a buyout valued at $10MM for a human services management software/SaaS provider
- Represented Trinity Private Equity Group in substantial growth capital investment in Falcon Structures Investment
- Represented Zimmer Partners in $850MM equity investment
- Represented Prophet Equity in its acquisition of substantially all assets of Francis Drilling Fluids, Ltd.