Whether you’re working on small, mid-market or billion dollar transactions, Jackson Walker’s Private Equity attorneys draw upon decades of experience representing 100+ private fund sponsors, and have a reputation for getting deals done.
Advice on Every Facet of Alternative Investment Transactions
Jackson Walker Private Equity attorneys have a deep understanding of structuring, negotiating, and documenting every facet of a private equity transaction — integrating subject matter specialists as necessary. Our interdisciplinary team offers a comprehensive package of services to private equity fund sponsors and other participants in alternative investment transactions — with experience in a wide range of mergers, stock and asset purchases, spin-offs, exchange offers, tender offers, and leveraged buy-outs. We are also experienced advisors in issues related to fund structuring and formation, including providing counsel with respect to foreign and domestic tax considerations, ERISA, and other regulatory matters.
Experience in a Wide Range of Industries
Our industry experience is wide-ranging and includes health care, energy, entertainment, hospitality, and technology, among others. Our years of experience and interdisciplinary approach allow us to help private equity funds successfully navigate the purchase, ownership, and operation of businesses, even in highly regulated industries.
Large Complex Transaction Experience With Development Stage Resourcefulness
By handling transactions of every size we’re able to combine complex transaction experience with development-stage resourcefulness to deliver sophisticated legal guidance in a cost-efficient manner. Clients appreciate Jackson Walker’s focus on being practical, proactive, and closing transactions efficiently and on time.
- Represented Whataburger in sale of majority interest to BDT Capital Partners
- Represented Kendra Scott in securing substantial private equity investment
- Represented leading global medical technology company, Acelity, in $6.725B sale to 3M
- Represented Pixiu Sports in investment in Austin FC
- Represented Higher Ed Partners – Africa in securing an online education investment from One Thousand & One Voices (1K1V)
- Represented TimeClock Plus, a workplaces SaaS solutions provider, in securing majority investment from Providence Equity Partners
- Represented Lifeline Software, a radiation therapy verification software provider, in sale for $25MM plus $6MM earnout
- Represented Sift Security, Inc., a cloud infrastructure security company based in California, in its 2018 acquisition by Netskope
- Represented Exemplar in a buyout valued at $10MM for a human services management software/SaaS provider
- Represented Trinity Private Equity Group in substantial growth capital investment in Falcon Structures Investment
- Represented Zimmer Partners in $850MM equity investment
- Represented Prophet Equity in its acquisition of substantially all assets of Francis Drilling Fluids, Ltd.