Whether our clients are raising funds for new or existing ventures or are looking for investment opportunities, we have the knowledge and experience to represent both issuers and investors in a wide variety capital markets transactions, from large public offerings to small private placements of debt and equity securities. Our team can advise target companies in Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs) business combination transactions; and investors considering investments in SPACs. Working on both sides of these transactions gives us a unique perspective that allows us to help our clients achieve the growth they seek—whether they’re raising capital or deploying it.
Full Range of Debt and Equity Offerings
Our attorneys are prepared to assist clients with virtually every type of capital markets transaction, including:
- Underwritten public offerings
- PIPE transactions
- Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings
- 506(b) and 506(c) Private placements
- Regulation A+ Offerings
- Private equity financings
- Venture capital financings
Guidance from Start to Finish
We help our clients navigate every phase of the offering process:
- Structuring of entities
- Drafting of security instruments
- Negotiation of investment fund terms
- Preparation of disclosure documents
- Navigation of regulatory issues, including those arising under Dodd-Frank, the JOBS Act, the FAST Act, the Investment Company Act of 1940, and the Investment
- Advisers Act of 1940.
- Development of governance policies and procedures
We have represented clients in connection with the following transactions:
- Representation of NASDAQ-traded oil and gas exploration and production company in a $235 million public offering of common stock
- Representation of selling stockholder group in $187.5 million initial public offering by NYSE-traded technology company
- Representation of NYSE-traded oil and gas exploration and production company in $22.7 million PIPE transaction
- Representation of NYSE-traded technology company in $8.5 million PIPE transaction
- Representation of NASDAQ-traded oil and gas exploration and production company in $135.5 million Rule 144A offering of preferred stock
- Representation of NYSE-traded oil and gas exploration and production company in $125.0 million Rule 144A offering of high yield notes
- Representation of private oil and gas exploration and production master limited partnership in $100 million private placement of partnership units
November 3, 2022
Jackson Walker proudly announces the Firm’s inclusion in the 2023 edition of the U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” list. This year, our firm improved in the national rankings, with the rise of Appellate Practice and Corporate Law to Tier 2.
May 13, 2019
Kirk joins the Corporate & Securities practice with a focus on helping domestic and international energy clients with matters related to mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, capital raising, and general corporate law.
October 17, 2018
Concluding the first half of 2018, Jackson Walker secured over $1.24 billion in capital markets transactions to place the Firm at No. 11 in The Texas Lawbook’s Corporate Deal Tracker results.
April 16, 2014
Jackson Walker partner Michael Meskill was quoted in an April 15, 2014, article in The Dallas Morning News.