Artificial intelligence and cognitive science will transform and disrupt our global economy and create new competitive advantages for businesses that can harness the technology effectively.
Jackson Walker’s artificial intelligence (AI) practice brings together lawyers from a variety of disciplines to serve our clients’ rapidly evolving legal needs regarding the development and commercialization of AI technologies including data analytics, predictive analytics, machine learning, artificial neural networks, cognitive robotics and intelligent technologies, and autonomous devices.
Drawing on our experience representing emerging companies, raising capital, regulatory compliance, intellectual property protection, litigation and litigation avoidance strategies, legislative advocacy, privacy, and cybersecurity, we assist clients in bringing products to market and implementing AI business processes.
As AI technologies evolve and our clients’ needs develop, Jackson Walker’s multidisciplinary artificial intelligence practice is well-positioned to help clients navigate the numerous emerging issues relating to artificial intelligence.
Whether it’s counseling online marketplace participants in accessing data analytics on customer decision making, guiding health care analytics companies as they provide cutting edge patient care based on autonomous learning and large data analysis, or providing risk analysis to manufacturers as they implement autonomous machines, our team stands ready to assist our clients as they move into opportunities to leverage artificial intelligence.
- Advising AI technology ventures on compliance with federal, state, and local regulation.
- Assisting AI ventures in raising capital to enable growth.
- Guiding individual investors, family offices, and venture funds in the evaluation of investments in AI technology ventures.
- Assisting with protecting developments in AI technologies through patent and trade secret strategies.
- Counseling clients on risk to AI ventures based on current fault-based rules for litigation.
- Advising clients on cybersecurity and privacy issues inherent to large data AI projects and ensuring compliance with applicable data protection regulations and industry standards, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation Requirements (GDPR).
- Representing fund managers in forming and raising capital for venture funds and hedge funds investing in AI technology.
- Advising AI companies on options for the form of their entity and assisting them with the creation of the entity and its governing documents.
- Providing customized review of AI technology solutions for companies’ purchasing systems.
- Developing distribution and channel strategies.
September 30, 2022
By Nicholas Diamond | Regulators globally are exploring new regulatory regimes for artificial intelligence with activities continuing to ramp up since last year.
July 19, 2019
Christopher Rourk discussed how to apply legal ethics to A.I. tools for lawyers during a Dallas Bar Association North Dallas Friday Clinic on July 12, 2019 at Two Lincoln Centre in Dallas.