What You Need To Know
Companies of all types and sizes are continuing to deal with the potential legal implications of Coronavirus for their businesses.
This page contains insights and resources from Jackson Walker attorneys, as well as outside resources and links that may be helpful to your organization. For guidance specific to your business, contact a Jackson Walker attorney.
The webinar and resources on this page do not constitute legal or medical advice.
Insights & Resources
During this rapidly evolving situation, companies find themselves faced with the need to develop policies surrounding the illness. In our regularly-updated FAQ, we discuss some frequent questions from businesses on topics including healthcare, labor & employment, travel, business continuity, contracts, insurance, and corporate finance.
Jackson Walker’s COVID-19 & Your Business newsletter features insights and resources on the Coronavirus, its impact on business in Texas and nationwide, and evolving legislative and regulatory developments.
- September 17: Governor Abbott Loosens Restrictions on Businesses, Hospital Capacity, and Nursing Home Visitation Policies
- September 16: Revised FFCRA Regulations Now in Effect; Fast Takes on the CDC’s Residential Evictions Moratorium
- September 3: Texas Bars File Suit; Federal Eviction Moratorium Broadened; CMS Implements Stricter Testing Regulations
- September 2: New Guidance on Tracking Hours “Actually Worked”; Harris County Extends Mask Order; Fast Takes on Rise in FLSA Lawsuits
- August 26: New CISA 4.0 Guidance; TABC Emergency Amendments; Fast Takes on Data Privacy
- August 20: Expanded Main Street Lending Program; Fast Takes on Bankruptcy Prepack Plans
- August 17: Austin-Travis County Orders Extended; Telemedicine on the Rise; Houston-Area Eviction Filings
- August 11: Payroll Tax Relief and Developments in Retirement Plans and Benefits; Status of Moratorium on Evictions
- August 3: Federal Court Strikes Down Parts of FFCRA Regulations; No One-Size-Fits-All Rules for Business in the Pandemic
- July 22: New IRS Guidance on Provider Relief Funds; US Immigration and Travel Changes; Fast Takes on School Reopening Plans
- July 15: New Emergency Rules in Austin; SBA Ends Disaster Loan Program, But Extends PPP Deadline; Fast Takes on Chapter 15 Bankruptcy
- July 9: OSHA Updates Pandemic Guidance; Elective Surgeries Suspended; Upcoming Webinars
- July 7: Austin and Harris County Issue Updated Orders; Coronavirus-Related Lawsuits; E&P Bankruptcies
- July 2: Telemedicine Fraud During COVID-19; San Antonio and Bexar County Impose New Restrictions; Employment Visas Suspended
- June 30: New Restrictions to Slow the Spread; Laredo Reinstates Stay-at-Home Order; Fast Takes on State & Local Mandates
- June 26: New Restrictions to Slow the Spread of COVID-19 in Texas; Fast Takes on State Travel Restrictions
- June 25: Elective Surgeries Banned in Four Texas Counties; Local Mandates; Overview of Coronavirus Relief Guidance
- June 23: US Extends Immigration Hold; Austin Revises Face Masks Order; Patients Are at Risk of Data Theft
- June 22: Return-to-Work Guidance for Non-Essential Businesses; Harris County Issues Face Masks Order; PPP Loan Applications Due June 30
- June 19: Dallas County, El Paso, & Harris County Health & Safety Policies; Fast Takes on Residential Evictions
- June 18: Expanded Main Street Lending Program; Austin Requires Health & Safety Policies
- June 17: PPP Loan Forgiveness; Bexar County Requires Health & Safety Policies
- June 5: Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act Of 2020; Emergency Stay of Mail-In Ballot Order
- June 4: Texas Reduces Coronavirus Restrictions; USCIS Resumes Premium Processing; Fast Takes on Creditor Considerations
- May 28: New Guidance on PPP Loan Forgiveness; Fast Takes on Bankruptcy & Restructuring
- May 27: Status of Eviction Orders in Texas; CISA 3.1 Revives Agriculture Industry
- May 21: Governor Abbott’s Newest Executive Orders; Fast Takes on Oil Patch Lawsuits
- May 18: Next Phase of Open Texas Plan; PPP Loan Forgiveness; Fast Takes on Medical Rules
- May 13: PPP Good-Faith Certifications, Guidance on Employee Benefit Plans, Fast Takes on Reopening
- May 12: Reopening After Lockdown; SALSA Seeks Volunteers to Aid Front-Line Workers
- May 6: Abbott Announces Plans to Reopen Additional Businesses; “Returning to Work” Webinar
- May 1: Texas Begins Reopening Businesses; “Returning to Work” Webinar; Fast Takes on Phase One
- April 29: CARES Act Enforcement; Fast Takes on Black Swan Events
- April 28: Overview of Phase One Steps to Open Texas; Upcoming “Returning to Work”
- April 27: Texas to Begin Opening Friday; New CARES Act Guidance; Estate Planning Still Matters
- April 23: DSHS Guidance to Reopen Texas; Who’s Impacted by Immigration Ban; Fast Takes on Courts Using Zoom
- April 21: New OSHA Guidance, Fast Takes on M&A, Plunging Oil Prices, and “Into the Wild” Webinar
- April 20: Governor’s Office Solicits Input on Return-to-Work Plans, Fast Takes on Telehealth Policies
- April 17: Reopening Texas Economy, Cameras in Court Proceedings, Fast Takes on Estate Planning
- April 15: Eligibility Restrictions for PPP Loans, RRC Considers Comments, Fast Takes on Privacy Rules
- April 13: Texas Small Business Loan Fund, CARES Act Lending Programs, COVID-19 Telehealth Program Updates
- April 9: Labor & Employment FAQ Updates, Emergency Order on Consumer Debt, Fast Take on Landlord-Tenant Issues
- April 8: Updates on SBA Loans, Market-Demand Prorationing, CMS Actions
- April 7: Texas Healthcare Workforce Expands, Travel Restrictions Update, CARES Act & Tax Relief
- April 6: Immigration Considerations, FFCRA Update, Texas Franchise Tax Filing Extension
- April 3: SBA Guidance on Lending, DOL Regulations on Leave, Fast Takes on Tax & More
- April 1: Small Business Lending, Fast Takes on CARES Act and Governor’s Order, JW’s Telemedicine Webinar
- March 31: Gov. Abbott Issues New Order, Fast Takes on Price Gouging, Medicare Receives Financial Support
- March 30: 5 Fast Takes on FFCRA & Employers, The Changing Healthcare Landscape, Texas Orders
- March 27: The CARES Act, Texas Regulatory Developments, and Updated Shelter Orders
- March 26: Paid Leave Guidance for Employers, Texas Increases Healthcare Capacity, Work From Home Podcast
- March 25: Texas Comptroller Offers Hotline for Struggling Businesses
- March 24: New Stay at Home Orders Issued, FFCRA Webinar Q&A Responses
- March 23: Employer Tools & Additional Relief, Texas Delays Elections, IRS Extends Deadlines
JW Fast Takes Podcasts & Webinars
On our Jackson Walker Fast Takes podcasts and webinars, we’re talking to Jackson Walker attorneys on emerging topics related to COVID-19.
Keeping the Doors Open: Managing Workplace Medical and Legal Risks in the Pre-Vaccine Era (July 10)Join JW attorneys and Lockton Companies’ Chief Medical Officer as they discuss the legal baselines for returning to work, strategies for assessing and managing the risk of infection, and best practices for responding to workplace exposures in the pre-vaccine era.
COVID-19: Returning to Work Webinar (May 1)After weeks of sheltering in place, many state and local economies are beginning the process of returning to work. Join JW attorneys as they discuss the relaxation of shelter-in-place orders and what that means for worker safety concerns when businesses begin to re-open.
While Jackson Walker does not maintain or update the information from these outside resources, it may be helpful to your business.