Carl E. Glaze
Carl, having practiced law since 1976, has represented clients in a wide range of facets of the oil and gas industry for more than 35 years. Having begun the practice in commercial litigation, Carl transitioned into practice in the energy space as an Assistant Attorney General, first as a member then as the head of the Land and Mineral Resources Section of the Energy Division of the office of the Texas Attorney General under General Mark White. That Section represented the General Land Office of Texas and the Texas Railroad Commission. Afterwards, Carl worked for TXO Production Corp for several years. After participating in the liquidation of major portions of that company by its parent, USX, Corp., Carl spent a number of years as a solo practitioner representing independent oil and gas companies in a transactional practice. Carl joined Jackson Walker in 2007.
B.A., University of Texas at Austin
- Plan II Honors Program
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Oil and gas asset acquisition and divestiture transactions, including both documentation and due diligence.
- Representing oil companies in leasing and other landowner matters.
- Landowner representation regarding their dealing with energy companies, including oil and gas companies pipeline companies, regarding matters such as mineral leasing, oil and gas drilling surface use issues, lease compliance issues, seismic licensing, and pipeline easements.
- Representing oil and gas companies in their dealings with one another including such matters as farmouts, joint operating agreements, and joint development agreements.
- Representing oil and gas companies in their dealings with contractors, suppliers, product purchasers, and product treatment and transportation.
- Representing midstream companies in their dealings with one another and with landowners and oil and gas companies.
- Various oil and gas regulatory matters.
- Representing companies and capital providers, both equity and debt, in their dealings with one another.
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), Energy Law, 2021-2023
The AAPL Form 610-2015 Model Form Joint Operating Agreement, given to the Dutch Treat Wildcatters, February 2017
- State Bar of Texas, Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Energy Law Section
- Rockwall Area Habitat For Humanity, Board Member and President
- Rockwall Helping Hands, Board Member
- Rockwall Soroptomist House, Board Member
- 4H Project groups, Volunteer leader
- Corinth Presbyterian Church, Elder
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 20, 2020Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 164 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2021 Edition, Including 9 “Lawyers of the Year” and 25 “Ones to Watch”
Jackson Walker congratulates the 164 attorneys who were selected by their peers as Best Lawyers, including 9 Lawyers of the Year and 25 Ones to Watch, across 6 offices and 66 specialty practice areas.
January 9, 2020Client Results
Jackson Walker Advises Oilfield Water Logistics in Acquiring Portfolio of Operating Assets in New Mexico
Jackson Walker represented Oilfield Water Logistics in acquiring a portfolio of operating assets in New Mexico from a major Permian Basin oil producer, including 23 saltwater disposal wells and 300 miles of water gathering pipelines.
August 21, 2019Client Results
Jackson Walker Represents H2O Midstream in Acquiring Produced Water Infrastructure
Jackson Walker represented H2O Midstream in the acquisition of produced water infrastructure from Sabalo Energy, LLC concurrent with the execution of a 15-year acreage dedication to provide produced water gathering, disposal and recycling services to Sabalo.
July 21, 2017Client Results
Jackson Walker Represents Abraxas Petroleum in Acquisition of Permian Basin Assets, Divestiture of Power River Basin Assets
A team of Jackson Walker attorneys recently represented San Antonio-based Abraxas Petroleum Corporation (NASDAQ:AXAS) in a set of deals that will increase the company’s land holdings in the Permian Basin.