Colin L. Murchison
Colin focuses his practice on probate, probate litigation, guardianships, estate planning, and tax, with particular emphasis on the taxation of individuals, estates, and trusts. He is an experienced probate litigator representing clients in connection with will and trust contests and guardianship disputes. Colin also advises clients on premarital and post-marital asset planning.
In addition to being Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law, he is certified by the State Bar of Texas as an Attorney Ad Litem and a Guardian Ad Litem.
Colin is the Hiring Partner in the Fort Worth office of Jackson Walker.
B.S., Texas Tech University
J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law
Institute on World Legal Problems, University of Innsbruck, Austria
LL.M., Sturm College of Law
- Graduate Tax Program
Estate Planning and Probate Law
- “Top Attorneys” List – Wills, Trusts, Estates and Probates, 360 West, 2018, 2021
- “Top Attorneys” List, Fort Worth Magazine, 2013, 2014, 2016
- “40 Under 40” List, 2008
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2014-2015
- Speaker for several National Business Institute seminars on Estate Administration Procedures
- Panelist for the Estate Planning and Probate 101 Course – State Bar of Texas (2012)
- “Kiddie Tax Broadened to Apply to 18 Year Olds and to Full-Time Students Under the Age of 24,” Jackson Walker’s Wealth Planning e-Alert (June 2007)
- “Understanding Tax Procedures to Avoid Problems Later,” National Business Institute Estate Administration Procedure: Why Each Step Is Important (March 2008)
- “Foundations of Estate Administration Defined,” National Business Institute: Institute for Paralegal Education (2009)
- “Prepping to Begin the Administration Process,” National Business Institute: Institute for Paralegal Education (2009)
- “Considerations for Collecting the Assets, Preparing the Inventory and Handling Claims Against the Estate,” National Business Institute: Institute for Paralegal Education (2009)
- “New Opportunities to Convert a Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA,” Jackson Walker’s Wealth Planning e-Alert (September 2009)
- Member, Estate Planning and Probate Law Advisory Commission, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
August 25, 2021Attorney News
Jackson Walker Congratulates the Fort Worth Attorneys Named to the “Top Attorneys 2021” List in ‘360 West Magazine’
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 15 Fort Worth-based attorneys to 360 West Magazine’s “Top Attorneys” list for 2021. To be selected for inclusion, attorneys with an active license and who practice within the Tarrant County area can nominate up to three attorneys in 44 specialty areas who reflect relevant practice areas in the region.
July 2, 2018Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the twelve Fort Worth-based attorneys included in the “Top Attorneys” list by 360 West, a lifestyle magazine that provides readers who live in the Fort Worth, Southlake, and Arlington areas a full-circle view of where they live. The list was released in the magazine’s July 2018 edition.
November 17, 2015Attorney News
Fifteen Jackson Walker attorneys were selected as 2015 Fort Worth “Top Attorneys” by Fort Worth, Texas magazine. The list was published in the November issue of the magazine. Fort Worth, Texas magazine annually features the “Top Attorneys” in Tarrant County. The attorneys are chosen as the best in their field by their peers.
March 9, 2015Attorney News
Thirty two Jackson Walker attorneys were selected to the “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list by Thomson Reuters.
December 1, 2014Attorney News
Thirteen Jackson Walker attorneys were selected as 2014 Fort Worth “Top Attorneys” by Fort Worth, Texas magazine. The list was published in the December issue of the magazine.
March 7, 2014Attorney News
Twenty-nine Jackson Walker attorneys were selected to the “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list by Thomson Reuters.