Henry Gilmore’s practice is focused on municipal land use law. He has more than 35 years of experience representing owners and developers of residential, commercial, industrial, and master-planned properties in securing zoning, platting, site plan, utilities, development incentives, and other local land use approvals. He also assists real estate purchasers and investors with land use due diligence reviews.
Prior to Jackson Walker, Henry was a partner at an Austin-based law firm where he earned the honors of “Top Rated Lawyer in Land Use and Zoning” by American Lawyer Media and Martindale Hubbell.
B.A., cum laude, Loyola College
J.D., Southern Methodist University School of Law
- Represented Walmart in land use matters in Central Texas. Projects include Austin Northcross Mall, Austin Southpark Meadows, Austin Lakeline, College Station, Lockhart, Kyle, Bryan, Cedar Park, Manor, Elgin, La Grange, Harker Heights, Killeen, Temple, Mission, and Giddings, Texas Stores.
- Assisted with zoning and other land use matters for Baylor Scott & White in Central Texas. Projects include medical clinics and hospitals in Austin, Kyle, Pflugerville, Buda, Manor, West Lake Hills, Lakeway, Waco, and Navasota, Texas.
- Assisted Driftwood Golf and Ranch Club, a luxury resort developer, secure Development Agreement approval for 500 acre golf course community in ETJ of Dripping Springs, Texas.
- Assisted Reunion Ranch with Development Agreement, WCID Consent Agreement and plat and construction plan approval for 500 acre residential project in ETJ of Dripping Springs, Texas.
- Assisted Cooper Robertson planning firm prepare two masterplans for the University of Texas System’s Brackenridge Tract in Austin, Texas.
- Assisted Pioneer Crossing in securing annexation, zoning, and utilities for a 1400 acre master planned community in Northeast Austin. Subsequently assisted owner in securing approvals to add 300 additional acres to the project and incorporate an 18-hole golf course.
- Secured annexation, platting, zoning, and utilities for the initial Samsung semiconductor facility in Northeast Austin.
- Represented Avery Ranch in securing annexation and zoning for 1700-acre master planned community in North Austin.
- Assisted Tokyo Electron of America with local permits for its manufacturing facility in Southeast Austin.
- Assisted Silicon Labs with City approvals associated with purchase of 175,000 sq. foot building in downtown Austin.
- Assisted landowner with Development Agreement for 600+ acre mixed use development surrounding Salt Lick BBQ Restaurant in Driftwood, Texas.
- Assisted major Austin employer, National Instruments, obtain tax abatement agreement approvals with the City of Austin and Travis County.
- Assisted Lumbermens Investment Company with zoning approval for a 600-acre subdivision, Villages of Western Oaks, in Southwest Austin.
- Represented CarrAmerica with zoning approval for 440,000 sq. foot office tower project in downtown Austin.
- Represented the developer of 3 Walgreens stores in Austin in securing zoning approval.
- Represented the developer of 3 blocks of East 11th Street in East Austin, Riata Development LLC.
- Represented Milburn Homes with respect to securing preliminary plan approval for a 600-acre residential subdivision in Northeast Austin.
- Assisted Texas Industries, Inc. with obtaining City and County permits for numerous sand and gravel mining operations in eastern Travis County.
- Represented Lone Star Cab with respect to taxicab permits and other franchise matters.
- Assisted multifamily developer Sackman Enterprises secure zoning approval for a 300+ unit multifamily project in North Central Austin.
- Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority, Founding Board Member, 2003-2012
- Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce, Board Member, 1999-2001, 2009-2012
- Real Estate Council of Austin, Board Member, 1998-2000, 2007-2009
- Andrews Episcopal School, Board Member, 2001-2006
- Austin East Side Story Foundation, Board Member, 2000-2006
- Salvation Army of Austin, Board Member, 2000-2002
- Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce Blue Ribbon Task Force on Light Rail, Member, 2000
- City of Austin Smart Growth Task Force, Member, 1998-1999
- City of Austin Senate Bill 1704 Focus Group, Member, 1997
- State of Texas General Services Commission, Member, 1994-1995
- City of Austin Planning Commission, Member, 1989-1991
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
October 27, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the addition of Henry Gilmore in the Austin office and Justin Meyer in the San Antonio office as senior counsel in the Real Estate practice.