Katherine P. Loayza
Katherine Loayza is a development and planning consultant with over 35 years of experience in all aspects of land use and development entitlement matters. She has extensive experience representing clients in obtaining approvals for zoning, special use permits, platting, site plan, building permits, Board of Adjustment variances, Texas Local Government Code Chapter 245 grandfathering, Code compliance violations and other regulatory matters. She also conducts land use due diligence review for projects across the country.
Katherine has represented real estate developers, property owners, and homeowners associations in dealing with the complexities of obtaining regulatory approvals through the municipal government process and facilitates negotiations with local government staff, neighborhood associations and other interest groups. She is very well-respected and has a reputation of getting the job done with the least amount of cost and stress for her clients.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Katherine worked for the City of Austin in the planning and development departments and was a manager in all facets of the development process from annexation to zoning. She has extensive knowledge of local, state and federal regulations applicable to general law and home rule cities.
B.S., University of Texas at Austin
M.S., University of Texas at Austin
- Due Diligence reports for confirmation of land entitlements
- Alcoholic beverage municipal government pre-qualification approvals, Late Hours Permit approval
- All aspects of zoning entitlements, including rezoning applications, special use and building permits
- Non-complying, non-conforming amnesty Certificates of Occupancy, vested rights determinations
- Board of Adjustment variances
- Resolution of Code violations
- Easement releases/vacations
- Leadership Austin Essential Class of 2010 and Volunteer
- Real Estate Council of Austin (RECA)
- Policy Issues and Regional Outreach, Committee Member
- RECA CodeNext Sub-Committee
- YMCA of Austin
- Metro Board Member, 2008-2016
- City of West Lake Hills
- Alternate Board of Adjustment Member, 2016-Present
- Mayor Pro-Tem, 2006-2008
- Zoning and Planning Commission, Chair and Member, 1992-2016