Tyler P. Davey
Tyler P. Davey joined Jackson Walker in 2015 as a member of the firm’s Wealth Planning practice group. Tyler started his career as a corporate attorney at a large Silicon Valley based law firm, where he represented entrepreneurial business owners and their companies in private and public securities transactions in a wide variety of industries. It’s this experience that enables Tyler to understand the diversity of issues business owners face, and helps him identify wealth preservation opportunities for such clients. But Tyler’s practice is not limited to planning for business owners, he takes great pride in helping each client identify and develop an estate plan that meets the unique needs of the client’s family in a practical and cost-effective manner.
B.A., University of Iowa
LL.M., University of Miami School of Law
J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
United States Tax Court
Tyler is particularly proud to have recently helped:
- the widow of a world-renowned entertainer establish a permanent endowment funded by a charitable trust to provide scholarships at the spouse’s alma mater;
- a client establish a large donor-advised fund that will support the client’s charitable goals while continuing to hold non-traditional investments accumulated by the client and not historically administered by large institutional investment management funds;
- restructure a large family owned businesses to preserve the business for the second generation by avoiding the necessity of having to sell the business at the founder’s death to pay estate tax;
- assist a client in establishing a family office to administer the family’s investment vehicles, provide training to family members in the family’s investment management strategies, and educate family members regarding philanthropy; and
- the CEO of a public company transfer company stock options to trusts for children, resulting in the transfer of significant wealth with little transfer tax.
- Super Lawyer – Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2014
- Estate Planning Counsel of Central Texas
- Austin Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of California
February 12, 2019Attorney News
Jackson Walker Elects 13 Attorneys to Partnership Across Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio Offices
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the election of 13 attorneys to the Firm’s partnership.