Jackson Walker Hosts Inaugural Globalaw Managing Partner Forum
Presented by Globalaw, an international network of over 110 independent law firms operating in 88 countries worldwide, the Managing Partner Forum was designed to foster greater collaboration and information-sharing among the senior lawyers who run the member law firms.
The event drew managing partners from a number of states in America, as well as from Canada and even Honolulu. Attendees from Jackson Walker included:
- Bryan Birkeland, a partner in the real estate section who has previously served as president of Globalaw and currently serves as a member of its executive committee
- Wade Cooper, firmwide managing partner
- Matt Dow, Austin managing partner
- Susan Halsey, Fort Worth managing partner and chair of the Real Estate section
- Mike Haggerty, administrative partner and co-chair of the Finance section
- Retta Miller, chair of the Litigation section
- David Moran, Dallas managing partner
- Jim Ryan, partner in the Corporate & Securities section
The event allowed the Managing Partners, and other firm leaders, to consider new ways of sharing information among Globalaw’s member firms – such as showing examples of legal best practices, case-work requiring multistate or cross-border solutions, IT and security infrastructure, purchasing collaboration, and training initiatives.
Mr. Cooper said: “We are very pleased to be gathering such an illustrious list of managing partners from the pool of Globalaw member firms – particularly at a time when law firms are increasingly challenged to modify and adapt their practices in order to remain competitive and relevant.”
Bill Taylor, president of Globalaw, and partner at California-based firm Hanson Bridgett, added: “While our members benefit from being a part of one of the largest and best-connected international legal networks out there, we also know that many of them have alliances with other groups – such as ones covering a specific region, or sector. Globalaw’s inaugural Managing Partners Forum allows us to give these senior firm leaders a platform for collaboration and knowledge sharing, which will greatly impact both short term and the long term. We look forward to sharing the findings from this meeting with our wider membership, and expanding the program for other groups and geographies in the future.”
Globalaw organizes a series of events globally, including its Annual Members Meeting, which is being held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, November 5-8, 2014. For more information about Globalaw, CLICK HERE.