Jackson Walker moved up the rankings to No. 2 among Texas firms in The American Lawyer’s 2014 Diversity Scorecard, an annual survey of the percentage of minority attorneys and partners at the nation’s largest law firms.It was the third straight year that the firm has ranked among the top five Texas firms for diversity.
“We are very pleased to achieve this ranking, which demonstrates our continued strong commitment to diversity and the hard work that so many within the firm have dedicated to our efforts to recruit, retain, and advance a diverse group of attorneys,” said Jackson Walker partner Bruce Ruzinsky, who chairs the firm’s Diversity Committee.
Released on May 29, 2014, the magazine’s report assigns a diversity score based on the firms’ percentage of minority attorneys and partners in the previous year. Jackson Walker moved up 23 places to 41st overall among 223 firms that responded to the survey and was 2nd among Texas firms listed. To read the full report, CLICK HERE.
In addition to the American Lawyer ranking, the firm has earned a number of recent accolades for its diversity efforts, for example:
- In 2014, Jackson Walker received the prestigious Thomas L. Sager Award for the South Region from the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. The award is presented each year to law firms that have demonstrated sustained commitment to improve the hiring, retention, and promotion of minority attorneys. The firm was also a finalist for this award in 2012 and 2013.
- In 2013, Jackson Walker received the Outstanding Firm award from the Travis County Women Lawyers Association and Travis County Women Lawyers Foundation.
- Also in 2013, Jackson Walker was recognized by American Lawyer as a leader in promoting women to partnership.
- The Austin Area Urban League named Jackson Walker its 2013 Corporation of the Year, a designation given to companies that embody the values of diversity, social responsibility and economic equality.
- In 2012, Jackson Walker was named among the “Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity” in MultiCultural Law magazine’s highly competitive ranking. The firm was also ranked seventh on the magazine’s “Top 25 Law Firms for Hispanic–Americans” list.
These honors reflect the success of the firm’s targeted efforts to foster diversity and create and maintain an atmosphere of mutual respect and inclusion. To read more about Jackson Walker’s Diversity initiative, CLICK HERE.